Have the opportunity this weekend!

the dane

Hi guys, this week i have the go ahead to go into the cellar of our local hotel!
Its 1.5m in height! Hotel was built in 1854! The publican has been there since 1977 and said he has never seen coins down there! Ok i had a quick look yesterday, the foundation is dirt and shells lots of shells! if a coin was to full through the floorboards in the last 150 years would it lay flat or go into the dirt! The cellar has only one light! The publican said its 15 individual 6mx4m box rooms down there and half a meter crawl spaces between them! (If you can picture what iam saying) the first one with ladder is used for compressors! He said know ine has been past room 2 for over 20 years! In my look with the torch its old old spider dust webs, lots of broken glass stuck in the wall structure!
think it will be hard to swing the xterra down there! So would coins sink or lay on untouched soil? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I personally think they would sink unless on top of a solid surface like concrete. I'm guessing if you dropped a coin in pea stone it wouldn't drop very fast...so I'm guessing you will have mixed depths there :my2cents: :cheers:

I personally think they would sink unless on top of a solid surface like concrete. I'm guessing if you dropped a coin in pea stone it wouldn't drop very fast...so I'm guessing you will have mixed depths there :my2cents: :cheers:

A coin probably won't sink into a hard-packed dirt cellar unless there is seasonal flooding of the basement, and even then, it probably won't sink too much. If there isn't much moisture in the basement over the years, the packed dirt floor might as well be concrete.

Yeah looking forward to sunday! Just brought a head lamp torch and a mini folding shovel! The bar man did say there should be a lot of new coins in the lounge bar side, he said there is a gap in the floor near the cash register and has seen coins slip through! Australia started its current coin range in 1966, before that it was 1910! I am hoping to find a coin or coins prior to 1910! If not still should be a good adventure!
Taking a 30 meter extension cord and 2 flood flights with me!

Sounds like an interesting place to hunt for sure. Good luck! Be sure to keep us updated!!

Yeah looking forward to sunday! Just brought a head lamp torch and a mini folding shovel! ...
Taking a 30 meter extension cord and 2 flood flights with me!

Ya might want a football helmet to soften all the head bumps you are likely to experience when you find good targets. GL, HH and have a ball.

Well it was an absolute failure!
The first room had a concrete floor and was 4 foot tall!
The remaining rooms were all 2 foot tall full of old bricks, hundreds of scattered bottles everywhere! The major problem was heaps of old electrical wiring heaps of plumbing keglines and old pipelines!
The best part was when I went outside to dust myself down in the beer garden! I found a few coins in the Grass!
1db52a41fff490da2ad4c53b3c4ddcdf.jpg
0428a994faf42592351ef2899d11239e.jpg
f99f07c261125dff86b341f7c14970eb.jpg
e9a024054d19f35b19431822d33f1ca4.jpg
05a27c19379fa00d4e1dd94f7636cf9f.jpg
338785cab4dc7ca7d1561047098ef0aa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom