Equinox saves merc from the rubble

ohiochris

Elite Member
Not many detectors can handle this degree of trash , especially with an 11 inch coil !!

Poking around the rubble of a recent demo site on main street today for a few minutes. Just finished finding a clad dime and got this signal that bounced around wildly because of all the brick , iron , copper , lead , etc. but kept coming back to an average 25-26. I kicked about an inch or two of dirt and seen silver. A 1919 merc sitting there among enough trash to send most people away in frustration. Its pretty toasted , and stained dark on the back side but still a nice find.

Attachments

• 20180421_151825.jpg
    20180421_151825.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 132
Nice save, no surprise though, that 11in. coil does a great job. I have to agree with Beephead, an 8 or9 in. coil would be really sweet. HH Mark

Nice save, no surprise though, that 11in. coil does a great job. I have to agree with Beephead, an 8 or9 in. coil would be really sweet. HH Mark

Yeah an 8 or 9 inch coil would be nice , just not as deep as the 11 and I think the 11 inch coil pound for pound is a really nice balance between depth and separation. Not the best of both worlds but a really satisfactory compromise. Cant wait ti get a 6 inch coil for this type of hunting.

Back
Top Bottom