• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

EQ headphones

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Well i got Tony Eisenhowers phones in today. Wow.... 3 day delivery. Just a nice pair of water phones out of MSA muffs. They appear to be sealed completely...... but if i hear some water ill make my dive drain holes. Cable is long enough and the coils separate MUCH better than the ML yellows do. I believe my audio sears are a little... maybe a little louder, but mine arent completely sealed. However the tones are real good on a target... maybe better than the audio sears.

He said he did 10 pairs.......so i suspect Max and the boys at VA beach will be out with theirs soon.

Attachments

• 20180409_134454.jpg
    20180409_134454.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 589
Well i got Tony Eisenhowers phones in today. Wow.... 3 day delivery. Just a nice pair of water phones out of MSA muffs. They appear to be sealed completely...... but if i hear some water ill make my dive drain holes. Cable is long enough and the coils separate MUCH better than the ML yellows do. I believe my audio sears are a little... maybe a little louder, but mine arent completely sealed. However the tones are real good on a target... maybe better than the audio sears.

He said he did 10 pairs.......so i suspect Max and the boys at VA beach will be out with theirs soon.

Nice, me likey. Me wants a pair too :) :yes:

Im not sure how deep...... but id dare say deeper than most of us NOT diving needs. Mine was $164 shipped from Calf in 3 days. Hes not in the business so he says hes making limited numbers. He had a waiting list not sure how many he is making.

Im not sure how deep...... but id dare say deeper than most of us NOT diving needs. Mine was $164 shipped from Calf in 3 days. Hes not in the business so he says hes making limited numbers. He had a waiting list not sure how many he is making.

I know I am 21 on the list. I have another month before I dive in the Detroit River and possibly a little longer.

I can't wait! They look wonderful and I am sure great quality.

Yea I googled Tony after seeing your post, noticed he had no store. Waiting on a bit more water results before I sub out the cz-21 in the water for the EQ. Can't deal with too much importing & returning :roll:

Tony is right down the road from here in So. Cal....i may have to get my order in....those look like some great headphones for the Nox.

Im heading to the beach now...... wont be able to get in the water, but will see how they sound and be able to see how they do in the wind. Sounded good in my living room lol. Bronco...... worst case if you dont get one....you can always modify the end and use on another machine buddy.

We all realize what the price of the ML yellows are going to be ...... as well as how comfortable they are and the sound. I just felt for the price these were a better deal. I now have 2 pairs of phones that work.... ive taken mine on and off each hunt to check for water leaks..... im good. Honestly thou im more concerned about sand than water since its a closed jack. I always use teflon tape on the threads of the M12s because of their flat sides.

dewcon;I always use teflon tape on the threads of the M12s because of their flat sides.[/QUOTE said:
As an Old Plumber I would like to suggest a flat rubber washer or snug "O" ring seal instead of TT in the threads. The plug that closes that port when the machine is delivered has a perfect rubber seal that works.

CJ

I was number 6 and received my pair yesterday. And all I can say is WOW. The quality workmen ship is awesome. and the sound quality is even better. Can't say enough good about his phones. Love them.

I know most of you guys are wading but do you think there would there be any issues trying to snorkel with the Equinox and let the external speaker sound off until getting a pair of underwater headphones? Surrounding noise would be an issue but if you kept your ears underwater I think the sound would travel decently enough? :)

CONGRATS!!! let me know what you think and if drain holes are needed.

I think he may have made more than 10??? Eh, regardless I was #8 on the list and contacted me to say my set shipped this weekend. :bouncy:

Back
Top Bottom