• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New Member North Haven CT

WZCoiltek

Hi All!
I'm Walt and a new member. I've been searching on my property to get used to the AT Pro.
So far far a lot of construction debris. Proves that the contractors we had from 20 years ago were slobs lol. Beer cans etc.
I did find a penny about 8" down but after cleaning the face was pretty much trashed. I'm sure due to some reactions from the soil.
Yesterday I did find something cool. Not a high value but I found a Connecticut Toll Token that was buried. Pretty good shape. Part of CT history.
Also went out and found a nickel(1974) amongst many pull tabs at a local park.

I must say that the detectors of today are way different from one I had many years ago. I had a Heathkit one that I built and you had to dial in the null and watch the meter and hope for the best. The technology of today is awesome.

So far a lot of fun and this Forum looks like a great source of information with nice people.

Happy to be a part of it.

Welcome to this fun hobby.. I always look at every outing as an opportunity to clean up the parks and beaches, one pull tab at a time with the occasional 'interesting' item along the way.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom