Forum Gift Exchange 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol K

Co-owner
Admin
Friendly Forum Gift Exchange Rules

Participants must be a member for 30 days, and have 100 posts. Any member that does not qualify in this regard and wants to join in, needs approval before entering the contest, so send me a PM and I will post your request here to join the contest. Active International members are invited to join in the gift exchange also.

present.gif1. The gift needs to be something you already own and are not using, preferably metal detecting related. Something nice enough you would be thrilled to receive it yourself! Examples include: a cool find, metal detecting books or magazines, headlamp, flashlight, or even a group of cool items. The gift should have at least a $10. value, but it's hard to gage value since one person's trash is another person's treasure!

4.gif 2. The cutoff time is 6 PM CST Christmas Eve for signups. At that time, this thread will be locked. On Christmas Day I'll gather the names, write them on slips of paper, put them in a basket, then I will draw the first name, and Vlad will draw the matching name. We will take pictures and/or video the results.

mail bear.gif 3. Then "members" will have to exchange addresses via PM with whoever you've been matched with. it is YOUR responsibility to contact your match via PM and exchange addresses.

No deadbeats! If you sign up for this, then follow through! Active International members are invited to join the gift exchange, so be aware that you may be mailing your gift overseas. You have 1 week to mail the gift.

ALL gifts must be mailed the week between Christmas and New Years Eve.

IMPORTANT: Do not PM your match and ask them what they would like to receive for a gift. You should already have in mind what you plan to send when you sign up.

pics2.gif 4. On Christmas Day I will create a thread for the results, and if you would like to post a picture of the gift you received on the thread, it would be great to see what everybody got! :yes:

Next UPDATE.... DECEMBER 10th
The signup cutoff time is 6 PM CST.... Dec 24th Christmas Eve!

Me too!

Forgive me, Carol, this is the third time I've said, "count me in", but I just want to make sure. Thanks again, for doing this. It really was a lot of fun last year.

Keith /AKA anvilmanco

I am definitely in. Saw this thread from last year and it looked super fun. I've even got my gift idea ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom