Family Friendly Funny Photo Edits

Wonder how many parents have pointed us out detecting ,and said to their kids you better study hard in school or you will end up being like that poor guy trying to find pocket change. Wouldn't trade my life experiences for a big old chunk of money , when you look back on your life you want to know it accounted for something . We could have a higher life style but we choose to live a modest lifestyle by choice. We enjoy sharing what we have with the wife's relatives in the Philippines over the years we have been able to help a lot of them improve their lives over there. We have put several of them through school to become nurses so they could make better livings , and helped several get business going , as well as remodeling the family home over there. Every trip we make over there we send boxes ahead by boat with clothes and gifts for the family and neighbors. This trip just the wife is going she has sent about 600 lbs. of stuff ahead and will have about another 100 lbs. in her luggage. You can't imagine what a difference that can make in a third world country unless you have spent time in one. If i had it to do all over again i wouldn't make to many changes in my life , except start detecting a lot earlier.
There are things in life that others can't understand but bring great joy to ones soul doing it. You are a good man.
I turned out to be the black sheep of the family who nobody would give a hand to or help out but the rest of the family had their family and friends help them to make their life easier and they think they did it all by themselves.
Bottom line is that if you expect to rely on others to help your future, What life have you made? What joy and love have you given to others that makes your soul happy? So if they do say "Don't be like that MD guy looking for spare change well maybe tell them how much the stuff you found with your MD is worth and how that 2 g ring nobody claimed is yours and it took you a few hours of joy to find.
JMHT

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

If you look at just right the joke is on them

There are things in life that others can't understand but bring great joy to ones soul doing it. You are a good man.
I turned out to be the black sheep of the family who nobody would give a hand to or help out but the rest of the family had their family and friends help them to make their life easier and they think they did it all by themselves.
Bottom line is that if you expect to rely on others to help your future, What life have you made? What joy and love have you given to others that makes your soul happy? So if they do say "Don't be like that MD guy looking for spare change well maybe tell them how much the stuff you found with your MD is worth and how that 2 g ring nobody claimed is yours and it took you a few hours of joy to find.
JMHT

Most people have little idea what we are out there doing, when they see us out detecting. They would probably be shocked if they found out how much some of those detectors sell for and what goodies some people find with them. I guess it doesn't help our image any that we wear our old clothes when detecting. May be we need a official detecting uniform to make us look more distinguished and professional.

Most people have little idea what we are out there doing, when they see us out detecting. They would probably be shocked if they found out how much some of those detectors sell for and what goodies some people find with them. I guess it doesn't help our image any that we wear our old clothes when detecting. May be we need a official detecting uniform to make us look more distinguished and professional.
And this is the reason why I MD naked...

All kidding aside, during g the summer I am in shorts a tee shirt when on the beach h and when I am upstate I got long pants, work boots and tee shirt to protect from poison ivy.

People watch me but look at me strange? I don't think so because some come and say hello or ask questions.

Some of the best conversation s I have had where with Law Enforcement and their interest in how far MD can be pushed to the outer limits.

HI guys,

Here in my little town, I just do not worry about people thinking I am poor. Everyone knows me and the all see me many places around our town with metal detector in hand. They honk their horn and wave. Some ask if I got rich today. I never had a problem with the cops either. Some people just like to stop by and ask questions. I give them the best answer I can.
I also get some yards by just talking with them..
Thanks and happy hunting.. KEN :D

How we apear to others

HI guys,

Here in my little town, I just do not worry about people thinking I am poor. Everyone knows me and the all see me many places around our town with metal detector in hand. They honk their horn and wave. Some ask if I got rich today. I never had a problem with the cops either. Some people just like to stop by and ask questions. I give them the best answer I can.

I really don't mind if people think i am a poor person out there detecting not going to wear my nice clothes doing it , less chance of being bothered by some one wanting money. I don't mind at all stopping to talk to anyone adult or kid that has real interest in our hobby. One time i only had about 45 minutes of my lunch hour to detect , a adult with his kids at the play ground came over to ask me about the hobby and i spent the majority of my time tell him about the hobby and detectors. Good chance he now has a machine and detects while watching the kids at the park play ground. I always keep some foreign coins all shined up to give to the kids that ask (usally Coinstar finds ) they are a lot more impressive to a kid than a crusty looking penny.

Maybe they'll drop clad on purpose for you to find !

HI guys,

......yep, Ken, you gave me an idea for an edit :laughing: (if they only knew what your detector cost :shock: :lol:)
ken_oldclothes2.jpg

I have never had anyone look at me like a bum (that I know of).

In fact the other day I am at a park and I heard a kid ask his dad what that man was doing.. Dad said he is looking for old coins and treasure.. the kid said "That's so cool" I thought to myself mmm..treasure (drool) :D

derecting

I have never had anyone look at me like a bum (that I know of).

In fact the other day I am at a park and I heard a kid ask his dad what that man was doing.. Dad said he is looking for old coins and treasure.. the kid said "That's so cool" I thought to myself mmm..treasure (drool) :D

Kids always seem to find what we are doing as cool, after all we get to dig and play in the dirt , get dirty while we look for buried treasure . I try to always have a few shinny foreign coins with me that i put in a pirate pouch if they come up and ask about the detector i give them one. This tends to leave a big impression on them, real treasure.

Gary has been having a lot of fun

Laughing WAY out loud! Especially on the one diggin'the plug back there! :laughing::lol:

(Don't know how to make the pic show up here).

Gary has been having a lot of fun on this thread , and from the number of viewers who have checked it out ,so is everyone else.:toofunny::excited::clapping::cheer: over 8000 views so far and growing.

Find the special token and get your admission fee refunded !

Kids, meet MUDZO the metal detecting clown and get a FREE "Mud Pie" ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:
themepark5.jpg

Last edited:
Paid to do what you would do anyhow being retired ?

WAY TO GO DAVID !!! ......Did you really get the job many here would like to have ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
david_detector_tester3.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom