1861 Liberty Seated Dime

Congrats on the seated! Ive yet to find one this season, a pretty early one too! Nice hunting!

Thanks cellrdwellr! This is my first seated dime.

great find, congratulations to ya!

Thanks BuscaPlata! Man, I enjoy this hobby.

Nice, gotta love it when a seated pops up.

Thanks Tpmetal! I only wish they pop up more often and for everyone else too.

Would make my day also!

Thanks GeneralQuaters! I was hoping I find some more in the general area, but no such luck.

Congrats on the silver!

Thanks NCToad! Silver is always a good feeling.

Great looking coin congrats

Thanks Caseypatton87! I only wish my photos were better.

Congrats on the seated dime. I'd take one of those any day!

Thanks Waveoff! That small thin dime sure made my week.

Beautiful coin! Still on my bucket list.

Thanks Diggerjonny! The park I went to had the potential for it to be found and I am glad it was there.

What ?? An east coast guy posting a coin that's LATER than 1800 ?? We're bored ! (just kidding. Nice find ! :laughing: )

Thanks Tom_in_CA! This week been a killer week. First the large copper and then this thin dime.

Great find!

Thanks Saoirse! They don't seem to come often for me.

Beautiful save right there!

Thanks matmit! I was lucky coil found what it was searching for.

Tom, you read my mind. Wow, what a great find. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks chillforlife! Thanks again for your kind words. It feels good to finial have something to post on the board.

Very nice coin to make the hunt. Congrats!

Thanks coin chaser! You are so right...sometimes it is that one single coin that makes it so worthwhile.

Nice! Found my first seated a couple of weeks ago, great feeling.

Thanks BlackRain! And congrats to you on your great find too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Two things JAK...firstly,GREAT coin! They’re hard to find,it takes a lot of searching in old places to make those appear,and even then it’s not often.
Secondly,”starvation lean” is all relative,meaning....if you have THAT many high conductor signals left in that park(I’m looking at the rest of what you found) then I would call that LOADED. Because,any one of those COULD have been a silver of some shape or size with varying wear. I guess my theory is that if ANY high conductor signals remain,you have a chance at silver,especially in a very old place with original dirt!
My secondary theory is...you had better go BACK to that place and do it again!:grin:

Two things JAK...firstly,GREAT coin! They’re hard to find,it takes a lot of searching in old places to make those appear,and even then it’s not often.
Secondly,”starvation lean” is all relative,meaning....if you have THAT many high conductor signals left in that park(I’m looking at the rest of what you found) then I would call that LOADED. Because,any one of those COULD have been a silver of some shape or size with varying wear. I guess my theory is that if ANY high conductor signals remain,you have a chance at silver,especially in a very old place with original dirt!
My secondary theory is...you had better go BACK to that place and do it again!:grin:

Thanks IDXMonster! You brought a some valid points. The general field area was very lean but for a few deep nickels and that dime. Most of the clad were around the newer, more common areas of the usual road path, picnic tables and benches, etc. It is on my list for a return visit.

Seated anything is great! Wheres mine???

Thanks metaladdict! I was a real surprise for me too to finding it. Now I can relax.

That would definitely make my day too !!! Congrats on the seated. Looks like you had a good day to me.

Thanks pescadore! When I found a few deep nickels in the area, I felt there was hope for more interesting find/s.

Oh man, I'm jealous, a seated is # 1 on my list, not pickey, I'll take a seated anything. Looks like the Equinox did well in a pounded spot. HH Mark

Awesome find, JAK! Congrats! I just found my first Seated coin a week or so ago - coincidentally also an 1861 dime...yours is in much better shape than mine was, but they're all beautiful! Congrats again!

Oh man, I'm jealous, a seated is # 1 on my list, not pickey, I'll take a seated anything. Looks like the Equinox did well in a pounded spot. HH Mark

Thanks Mark! I went back to that location today where I found the seated, but when I got there city workers were doing maintenance, so I skipped it for today. I think most of the time it is pure luck that I find a few decent targets.

Awesome find, JAK! Congrats! I just found my first Seated coin a week or so ago - coincidentally also an 1861 dime...yours is in much better shape than mine was, but they're all beautiful! Congrats again!

Thanks AirmetTango! And a big congrats to you for your 1861 too! Hopefully we'll both find more!

That's nice. I'm still waiting on a haircut. I've been sat down but still waiting on the cut:laughing:

Thanks kilester! I was hoping to get back to that hunt location today again, but it looks like I might be rained out. I hope you find your's too and soon.

All it takes one coin like that to call it a great day - congrats !

Thanks E-TRAC! A small thin dime like that sure adds to the addiction.

Back
Top Bottom