• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett AT Pro or White's MX Sport

somedudeinaz

Looking to purchase another metal detector and have it narrowed down to the Garrett AT Pro or the White's MX Sport. I'm leaning towards more of the White's MX sport. I like the fact they are both waterproof... Any opinions???

of the two, MX Sport. I hate to ask BUT at that price point why not go with an Equinox 600? Waterproof, Multi frequency, ground tracking, light, backlit display, and readily available at a great price.

of the two, MX Sport. I hate to ask BUT at that price point why not go with an Equinox 600? Waterproof, Multi frequency, ground tracking, light, backlit display, and readily available at a great price.

As I told Chop, I never even looked at it... I just looked it up and really like that one too... I currently have a Minelab Xterra 705 and love it. It's not waterproof though. Thanks for your input.

As I told Chop, I never even looked at it... I just looked it up and really like that one too... I currently have a Minelab Xterra 705 and love it. It's not waterproof though. Thanks for your input.

Yes look at the 600 since you are already using a Minelab. If salt water use is in the future the 600. Call if I can help. HH, Phil

The Equinox is very similar to the 705 and would cut down on the learning curve for you, with many added benefits too, way faster, waterproof, and the ability to hunt salt beaches. If you are happy with your 705 you will love the Equinox. The MX Sport is a nice machine too but quite a bit heavier than the Nox. Good luck with whatever you decide on!

if those are your two choices, mx sport walks all over the at pro with out a doubt. Even as a very very happy mxsport owner, i suggest looking into the equinox

MX Sport hands down, the NOX is unproven and hard to get and Whites has awesome customer service in the USA.

If you dont need water proof just weather proof look into the Whites MX7.

I've owned the MXSport but not the ATPro or Equinox. One thing for sure, after recently getting to hold and examine an Equinoax 600, the weight difference alone is tremendous. The MXSport is hefty and feels heavy. The Equinox felt feather light. Now, that might not be an important factor for you. For me, it really matters. I'm not getting any younger.

Back
Top Bottom