New from Tucson!

Jessica6

Hello, I used to go metal detecting many years ago and decided to try again. My detector still works! It's a Compass Coin Hustler. Very simple. But went out today and scored a few things:

I found 3.78 pennies (it will make sense when you see the picture), 2 nickels, and a couple of charms (I think?).
I'm having a hard time seeing the dates on anything except for 1 of the nickels; it's 1970.

Is it normal to find coins in such condition?
20180325-todays_Findings.jpg

That nickel looks like it may have been kissed by a lawnmower blade. I find pennies in that condition a lot.

Looks like someone got hungry for a penny!

Welcome from MI. Someone else just posted about finding a compas coin hustler. Looked really antiquated. One knob! How ever did it find anything :laughing:

Welcome from GA.
Try using your phone camera to zoom in on the dates on the coins. Or take a pic and enlarge it. Or use a pair ( or two ) of reading glasses.
Yes, you will find many coins in that condition, hopefully not all of them will be that bad.

I take a Dremal with one of those green cleaning pads cut into the shape of a quarter and hook it to a mandrill (look at the bits for Dremel at lowes_ and buff where the date should be at lowest setting.. works for me

welcome aboard !!

Welcome from Florida. Those coins look good compared to salt water pennies.

The new zinc pennies look like popped popcorn.

Back
Top Bottom