Setting up the AT Pro for depth?

@Bill, I would go straight to pro coins mode. Make sure the connectors are tight, make sure your coil cable is wound good. I run my cable straight up to the first cam lock, strap it there, THEN wind up to the control box. Right before you start hunting, check connectors again, do a factory reset, select pro zero mode, ground balance at half sensitivity over CLEAN ground, select pro coin mode, put your sensitivity as high as you can without too much chatter and start swinging. I ALWAYS use the headphones at pretty high volume so I can hear the faint tones, which usually means deep targets. Good luck.

@Bill, I would go straight to pro coins mode. Make sure the connectors are tight, make sure your coil cable is wound good. I run my cable straight up to the first cam lock, strap it there, THEN wind up to the control box. Right before you start hunting, check connectors again, do a factory reset, select pro zero mode, ground balance at half sensitivity over CLEAN ground, select pro coin mode, put your sensitivity as high as you can without too much chatter and start swinging. I ALWAYS use the headphones at pretty high volume so I can hear the faint tones, which usually means deep targets. Good luck.

Appreciate the tip. Gonna try it after work on Monday!

@Bill, I know a lot of people would recommend going straight to pro zero. Just my opinion but when I first got the AT Pro, I felt that the standard modes didn't give near enough information, and while pro coins mode was still more information than I could digest at the time, it wasn't as much information to digest as pro zero. And since I was mainly looking for coins, that worked for me.

Did you get the 5x8 coil? It is super nice in trashy areas.

@Bill, I know a lot of people would recommend going straight to pro zero. Just my opinion but when I first got the AT Pro, I felt that the standard modes didn't give near enough information, and while pro coins mode was still more information than I could digest at the time, it wasn't as much information to digest as pro zero. And since I was mainly looking for coins, that worked for me.

Did you get the 5x8 coil? It is super nice in trashy areas.

Thanks for the advice. I got the 8 x 11.5 coil... All I could manage right now.
I just set up a hunt for Thursday with a forum member who has an AT Pro, and maybe he could give me some hands on training!

Looking forward to it Bill! I'll be "driving" a Eurotek Pro; I was working with the BH Tracker IV when I met you a year or so back. Hope you've got a good spot or two to check out. See you Thursday!

Cheers,
TB

Back
Top Bottom