Coworker brought in a bowl full of misc. jewelry/ metal items...

Midknight

Elite Member
for me to go through to see what was silver and gold. There were a few hundred individual pieces that ranged from anything from rings to necklaces, to watch tops to medallions, to coins. There was even a USB drive in there. Her husband works at a metal recycling center and finds quite a bit of jewelry bits as well as anything else that looks interesting. Much of it was obvious costume jewelry, but some of the stones in them could b real.

She had a baggie of what she thought were gold and silver, which many of them were silver and one or two gold items from what I could read on them and from the way they looked. I advised her to buy a silver and gold test kit for jewelry pieces that could be worth something. In total she had about 1-2 ounces of silver that could b identified.

She offered to give me one of the silver rings, but I asked for the coins instead. So now I have about thirty coins/ medallions that are in deep cleaning to get some of the disgusting grim off of them. None of the coins are silver, but there are quite a few foriegn coins that I don't have in my collection.HH and GL everyone.

Thanks Donney, I didn.'t expect for her to literally have a bowl full of stuff. :-)

Back
Top Bottom