Mx sport vs Garrett at pro

Nodrog58

I have the at pro but would like to get whites mx sport any opinions that might steer me in the tight direction

Buy a Equinox.....Have you not seen the reports about it? It would be a sad day for me to see you pass on the Equinox for a MX Sport....

Look at your other post....heres my advice do your homework before you shell out your hard earned money...;)

Sadly these questions never get a helpful answer, just a lot of people telling you what their favorite detector is. I have both the Equinox and the MX Sport and I agree with Callabash that the Nox is a better machine but I will also disagree with his statement that the Sport is a "Dogg" Just because someone doesn't like the audio, The MX Sport is a fine, capable machine. Compared to CD I suppose I am one of those "couch potato " detectorist's but I have 100 or more hours on the Sport and I can honestly say it's NO Dogg! With all that being said I would still consider the Equinox, same price point, lighter, faster, and multi freq.... Hard to beat.

If it is only between the Sport and Pro, i felt like the Pro was lighter than the Sport. If you like Garrett the Max has some added features over the Pro. Sport has a nice big display which was a positive. Sport felt like it was a bit more solid of a build, heavy duty.

Just my opinion...I think my answer was very helpful …..DO YOUR HOMEWORK before shelling out your money!

I own a sport and a nox 800. I can tell you right away if it is between the sport and pro, the sport easily destroys the pro. Now that being said for the price of the mxsport the equinox 600 or 800 is quite the contender. I don't have enough hours on the 800 to determine if it is deeper than the sport, but it seems to be surpassing it in most other categories.

You know it is a matter of preference, I always usually pick my MX Sport. I just like it better. I know folks with the Nox and they love them. I also have a friend who likes his Nox 800 but he usually grabs his Fisher f75. They all preform well, some do things the others don't...sometimes it is about character or comfort...Some like a Stratocaster and some like a Les Paul

If you are choosing between just those two, I would go with the MXS. It is a good, solid detector that gets really good depth. When it comes to customer service, no one beats Whites.

If you are open to other detectors, I would look at the Nox. Construction wise, not quite as solid as the MXS, but, it is a multi-frequency detector that you can choose the one particular frequency or all of the frequencies. That is a feature neither the ATP nor the MXS offers, and that is a HUGE piece of tech. When my MXS dies, I will likely replace it with a Nox.

I've had them both. I'd buy neither. I know this is my opinion and many many other people's opinions buy a nox 600 or 800. Unless you live close to me then by an ATpro. ;)

I guess I'm not weak in the arms cause I swung it all day many times and that wasn't a complaint of mine and my lightest machine here is a 5" coil compadre which I think is the lightest machine I've tried so far,,,, the MXS seemed to level out in the water almost weightless,,,, it is an underwater machine that's the best I can describe it.

Back
Top Bottom