Garrett warranty service

ohiochris

Elite Member
Anybody who has sent in a detector for warranty work , about how long did it take them to get the detector back to you ? Im just gonna be without my detector for a little while and just wondering what general timeframe I might expect ? I know it can vary depending on circumstances but having some examples might set my mind at ease.

Only Garrett product I own, is the ProPointer. Took 12 days, from when I dropped at the post office, until the "new" one was at my door. It became completely useless, in only 6 months. Haven't sent it back, two with the same failure... Just not feeling lucky enough to go for the third. Really want one that never has problems, for 3 years I keep hearing about.

I'd expect the about the same, for anything you send in. Under warranty, if it's not a quick-fix, they would probably replace it. Don't think many places actually troubleshoot at the component level, they just swap out the whole board.

Only people that had to send theirs back can answer you. But from past posts, since I have Garrett products. I know everyone was happy with the time frame. If I remember a few it was less then a week total. Not bad, to me. Course if your real attached to your MD.... 2 hours may seem long......

Yeah it did hurt to send it away and im pining away for it to come back. For a little while i was choosing to pretend there was no problem so i didnt have to send it out but i got tired of worrying about what it may be like a year down the road if i dont get it fixed now , plus its better to be without it now then when summer heats up and i really want to get out there. I just didnt know what time frame i was facing , weeks or months.

Havent had to send anything in yet, but from what I read the norm seems to be about 10 to 14 days from the time you drop in the mail.

Hope you get it back real soon and are back out swinging again.

I emailed garrett this morning and got a pretty quick reply from them with a fedex tracking number. They shipped it friday and i should get it tomorrow. I cant wait to get back out with it. I took the ace 250 out one day last week and was just not satisfied with it anymore after using the AT.

That was pretty quick service , they recieved it tuesday and shipped it friday.

My Proprointer was starting to act up recently (the apparently common erratic behavior syndrome), but the warranty period was not quite expired, so I sent it in a couple weeks ago. Last night, two weeks to the day from when I dropped it off at the post office, it arrived via FEDEX. Looks like a brand new unit. Hopefully it'll last a long time. If it works as well as it did before then I'll say I'm completely satisfied with Garrett CS. I don't abuse my GPP, but do rely on it heavily and use it in all weather/soil conditions, so it gets a workout. So, for the nearly two years it worked flawlessly, I was happy with it's performance. Fortunately it decided to fail before the warranty was up.

If its a Garrett and you are outside USA or UK you are screwed

I have 3 garret detectors. Sadly, I found out too late that they ignire emails until I started sending every day. Then they tokd me to send it to their agent in China, abd China told me they do not honor any warranty.
If you buy Garrett, it is an end-of-the-line sale. If it breaks, you are on your own.

Only Garrett product I own, is the ProPointer. Took 12 days, from when I dropped at the post office, until the "new" one was at my door. It became completely useless, in only 6 months. Haven't sent it back, two with the same failure... Just not feeling lucky enough to go for the third. Really want one that never has problems, for 3 years I keep hearing about.

I'd expect the about the same, for anything you send in. Under warranty, if it's not a quick-fix, they would probably replace it. Don't think many places actually troubleshoot at the component level, they just swap out the whole board.

My Proprointer was starting to act up recently (the apparently common erratic behavior syndrome), but the warranty period was not quite expired, so I sent it in a couple weeks ago. Last night, two weeks to the day from when I dropped it off at the post office, it arrived via FEDEX. Looks like a brand new unit. Hopefully it'll last a long time. If it works as well as it did before then I'll say I'm completely satisfied with Garrett CS. I don't abuse my GPP, but do rely on it heavily and use it in all weather/soil conditions, so it gets a workout. So, for the nearly two years it worked flawlessly, I was happy with it's performance. Fortunately it decided to fail before the warranty was up.

The Garrett Propointer was on my "wish list" for later as I had read good posts about it in the past, but these posts are giving me second thoughts about what pinpointer to upgrade to later, I would expect a pinpointer costing over $100 to be a lot more dependable and endure a very long time under normal use.

The Garrett Propointer was on my "wish list" for later as I had read good posts about it in the past, but these posts are giving me second thoughts about what pinpointer to upgrade to later, I would expect a pinpointer costing over $100 to be a lot more dependable and endure a very long time under normal use.

GKL I have 2 Propointers, and can't really complain about them any. The only draw back that I'm not thrilled with is the way they detect from all sides of the pinpointer. Sometimes it can make for a headache.

I'm actually about to try out the Whites waterproof pinpointer.

GKL I have 2 Propointers, and can't really complain about them any. The only draw back that I'm not thrilled with is the way they detect from all sides of the pinpointer. Sometimes it can make for a headache.

That's what I like about the trx. It is a pointer.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing your opinion of the Whites waterproof pinpointer after you've had a chance to use it !

That's what I like about the trx. It is a pointer.

Thanks I'll consider and research other brands for a good while before deciding on which one !

Just saw this. FWIW, here it is 5 years later and the repaired(?) Propointer is still going strong. I don't hunt nearly as much as I used to, but I've not had any problems with it.
I think there are a lot more options now that rival the Propointer compared to when I bought mine. Seems like the Garrett carrot (waterproof Propointer), TRX, and others all have some good reviews as well.

I sent my out of warranty AT gold in last year and the cost and shipping was incredible! You should have it back in a week or two, that's where Garrett shines, try getting a out of warranty etrac fixed for under 100$ and returned in less than 2 weeks, not happening! FWIW, I use 2 machines, my AT gold, and my Minelab explorer SE. I will say, minelab has gotten much better, but Garrett is still number 1 in customer service IMO. Ypu can use the equinox in the meantime? Good luck and happy hunting!

Just saw this. FWIW, here it is 5 years later and the repaired(?) Propointer is still going strong. I don't hunt nearly as much as I used to, but I've not had any problems with it.
I think there are a lot more options now that rival the Propointer compared to when I bought mine. Seems like the Garrett carrot (waterproof Propointer), TRX, and others all have some good reviews as well.

Thanks, I appreciate that info, and I am not saying that I might not eventually decide on a Propointer, only that it is no longer the only option I am considering, the comments about the TRX will have me considering that one also.

Back
Top Bottom