A Fugazzi to end the year

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
I braved the lunatic drivers headed for NYC in the snow and drove an hour to get in one last hunt before the end of the year. I managed to score a heart breaker 14k ring with CZ's. At least the setting is good but stones are junk. I also snagged a silver quarter cookie and something bizarre...a .45cal round wrapped in tape???

Hopefully I will get to hunt more in 2018 than I did in 2017. 103944.jpg
1fe06c31471a4253508c92b32847f596.jpg
6d680d6af0077e600e1a66eda03460e7.jpg
7e7900a5265b9838a462c797d527abe8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
3b94de420796ab67ef277799ed1a7377.jpg
e1db3028c804b21ae78732988e054d17.jpg
3fd07b499fb0308e474c61d10cbc1ee5.jpg
6b0baa52112688f2d9600b38902c1aaa.jpg

Sweet mother jesus! Nice!! Seen it on facebook, Heck of a find!

Dag, I just read its a CZ..still maybe a sell out right..

:dingding:Wow, that one would have put a few skips in my heartbeat! Still gold and a beauty!

Last edited:
Nice hunt George... I would have joined you but I saw dollar signs and that took precedent over beach hunting... I ended up plowing most of my accounts and then went back out this morning after sleeping for an hour last night.

I know that ring was paste... it had the look.. I found a similar one last year... ;)

nice ring george congrats i was looking forward to these tides for a while but feel ill this past week down with the flu i hope to get out today if feeling better congrats again sweet looking ring:D

The flu has people dropping like flies all of a sudden.

Get better and we will go pirating in the new year.

As for the stones, I was hoping my diamond tester was broken but when I put it to my wifes ring, it worked fine. Oh well at least I know hers are legit lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You are not right in the cabesa my friend! :laughing: Nice work on that gold though...sort of made it worthwhile! :laughing:

I know, right? He looks to be crazy enough to be one of us! :laughing:

Great job Swinglow, at least the faker ring is chunky 14k that will bring a good scrap price. Congrats! :cool:

Congrats on the well-deserved gold! With that setting I would have thought real diamond as well. Still a beauty! That bullet in wrapped in tape IS odd! :?:

Nice finds. Too bad its CZ. But should sell way above melt anyways. It could be a spare or copy of the real diamond ring they wore. I know people that made copies of thier $10k+ rings for such events. On trips or areas it may be lost they wore the copy. 99.9% of people don't know the difference. Still a great piece of gold. I had a couple this year that looked amazing in teh scoop till I saw the 925 stamp. At least yours is real gold. Way to tough out the cold conditions. I was detecting in the snow a couple weeks ago myself. Definitely an adventure

I know, right? He looks to be crazy enough to be one of us! :laughing:

Great job Swinglow, at least the faker ring is chunky 14k that will bring a good scrap price. Congrats! :cool:

Well yeah, maybe....ceptn for the gay hat and the idiot mittens..plus NY city driving mention?...def not a native Michigander!.....Northern Indiana farm puddle hayseed hillbilly tops! Fat as he is, Maybe Ohio? See that stupid homemade water weenie floaty thingy?...Nope!...def not one us us, but points given for dressing up in layers right?...Using a Mich Made scoop, and finding Gold, Silver, Lead and Ammo? Gotta drop props for that!....

From the looks of it, It was probably 60degrees there on that day though, no ice at all on the waterline....Nothing to really brag about, just a typical Michigan July hunt basically....

As far as the .45 ACP round wrapped in tape? A common trick use by Flint Mich middeschoolers! Stick it to the roof of your mouth, get past the security metal detecting scanners, load it up in your Glock, and be ready for gym class!,,,:laughing:

Last edited:
Crazy hunt - in the snow - freezing temps: try to explain this is normal behavior to a therapist and you'd get the "deer in the headlights" look!!!

Really hope the band is "actually" 14k and not electroplated & just stamped 14k to make it appealing....

Congrats on the crazy hunt.......I'd be out there too if my back wasn't killing me....

I braved the lunatic drivers headed for NYC in the snow and drove an hour to get in one last hunt before the end of the year. I managed to score a heart breaker 14k ring with CZ's. At least the setting is good but stones are junk. I also snagged a silver quarter cookie and something bizarre...a .45cal round wrapped in tape???

Man, I'd have been right there with ya. Was sick last week, couldn't get out. Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon. I don't care that it's 20 degrees out. LOL

Well yeah, maybe....ceptn for the gay hat and the idiot mittens..plus NY city driving mention?...def not a native Michigander!.....Northern Indiana farm puddle hayseed hillbilly tops! Fat as he is, Maybe Ohio? See that stupid homemade water weenie floaty thingy?...Nope!...def not one us us, but points given for dressing up in layers right?...Using a Mich Made scoop, and finding Gold, Silver, Lead and Ammo? Gotta drop props for that!....

From the looks of it, It was probably 60degrees there on that day though, no ice at all on the waterline....Nothing to really brag about, just a typical Michigan July hunt basically....

As far as the .45 ACP round wrapped in tape? A common trick use by Flint Mich middeschoolers! Stick it to the roof of your mouth, get past the security metal detecting scanners, load it up in your Glock, and be ready for gym class!,,,:laughing:

Schools sure are different these days aren't they. We used to be able to leave them hanging on the back window rack in the pickup, now they got to sneak them in in their book bags.

:laughing:

Always cracking me up, Mud. You don't like my Isis hat?

Band held 14k acid no problem so all good there.

Back
Top Bottom