Coolest Day Ever! I am hooked!

Boondocks

Ok, here goes my first real post. I hope I do this right. WHAT AN AWESOME HOBBY!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ I have had an AtPro for awhile but I have really been wanting a machine that would handle saltwater a bit better. After talking my wonderful wife into it, my Excalibur ii arrived on Friday. I went yesterday briefly to a place in the sound that always made my AtPro go absolutely bonkers to test out my excal and I was not disappointed. I was only there for a bit but I found a few coins and started to learn how to pinpoint with it. My final dig I found a small ring that was only costume jewelry but it really made me excited to hit the beach today on a falling tide after Church. That brings me to the title of my post, I got in the water and found some coins and even found a nice pocketknife and was generally having a great time. I decided that I should probably head back to where my wife was laying on the beach to check in so I walked up out of the water for faster walking. I hadn't gone a few feet when this very well mannered 14 year old boy from Ohio asked if I was using a metal detector. I told him I was and he asked if I thought it could find his cell phone. I told him I would be glad to look. Well Mom and the rest of the family came over and I quickly found out that he had lost it yesterday and they were taking one last look before they left. I have watched a few videos on how to grid so I was eager to try even though I was worried because we have beach draggers at night. I tried the top part of the beach and I felt better because I was finding some trash that I thought would probably have been picked up if they had dragged the night before. I moved down to the lower part and didn't find it. Mom came over and gave me an out to leave but I asked her if there maybe was a spot they threw football. She said yes and pointed it out. On my second pass, I got a real choppy high pitched tone and dug gently and guess what popped out? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. It was awesome! The kid was jumping up and down and high fiving me and the rest of the family was in disbelief. Some other people who had been watching me came over to say that this was really cool. The Mom tried to pay me and I told her there was no way I would accept anything, just tell her friends how nice the locals from Pensacola are. I wouldn't take anything for the smile on that kid. Thanks to all of you for being such a great resource to such a wonderful hobby. I look forward to years more of days like today!!!

Welcome! And nice rescue! As time passes, there's less and less chance of rescuing an item as people forget exactly how and where. But there's more where that came from. The Excal will serve you well.

R5

That's an awesome first day out with a new machine, I agree, no greater reward than a smile on a young one's face! Nice work! :cool:

:dingding: You get the dinger for being a good pirate! Now the next time you do a good deed and decline the money tell them the reward is a picture you can share on here! :yes:

Ok, here goes my first real post. I hope I do this right. WHAT AN AWESOME HOBBY!!! �� I have had an AtPro for awhile but I have really been wanting a machine that would handle saltwater a bit better. After talking my wonderful wife into it, my Excalibur ii arrived on Friday. I went yesterday briefly to a place in the sound that always made my AtPro go absolutely bonkers to test out my excal and I was not disappointed. I was only there for a bit but I found a few coins and started to learn how to pinpoint with it. My final dig I found a small ring that was only costume jewelry but it really made me excited to hit the beach today on a falling tide after Church. That brings me to the title of my post, I got in the water and found some coins and even found a nice pocketknife and was generally having a great time. I decided that I should probably head back to where my wife was laying on the beach to check in so I walked up out of the water for faster walking. I hadn't gone a few feet when this very well mannered 14 year old boy from Ohio asked if I was using a metal detector. I told him I was and he asked if I thought it could find his cell phone. I told him I would be glad to look. Well Mom and the rest of the family came over and I quickly found out that he had lost it yesterday and they were taking one last look before they left. I have watched a few videos on how to grid so I was eager to try even though I was worried because we have beach draggers at night. I tried the top part of the beach and I felt better because I was finding some trash that I thought would probably have been picked up if they had dragged the night before. I moved down to the lower part and didn't find it. Mom came over and gave me an out to leave but I asked her if there maybe was a spot they threw football. She said yes and pointed it out. On my second pass, I got a real choppy high pitched tone and dug gently and guess what popped out? ������. It was awesome! The kid was jumping up and down and high fiving me and the rest of the family was in disbelief. Some other people who had been watching me came over to say that this was really cool. The Mom tried to pay me and I told her there was no way I would accept anything, just tell her friends how nice the locals from Pensacola are. I wouldn't take anything for the smile on that kid. Thanks to all of you for being such a great resource to such a wonderful hobby. I look forward to years more of days like today!!!

GREAT story and nice job! :hi5:

Ok, here goes my first real post. I hope I do this right. WHAT AN AWESOME HOBBY!!! ๐Ÿ˜„ I have had an AtPro for awhile but I have really been wanting a machine that would handle saltwater a bit better. After talking my wonderful wife into it, my Excalibur ii arrived on Friday. I went yesterday briefly to a place in the sound that always made my AtPro go absolutely bonkers to test out my excal and I was not disappointed. I was only there for a bit but I found a few coins and started to learn how to pinpoint with it. My final dig I found a small ring that was only costume jewelry but it really made me excited to hit the beach today on a falling tide after Church. That brings me to the title of my post, I got in the water and found some coins and even found a nice pocketknife and was generally having a great time. I decided that I should probably head back to where my wife was laying on the beach to check in so I walked up out of the water for faster walking. I hadn't gone a few feet when this very well mannered 14 year old boy from Ohio asked if I was using a metal detector. I told him I was and he asked if I thought it could find his cell phone. I told him I would be glad to look. Well Mom and the rest of the family came over and I quickly found out that he had lost it yesterday and they were taking one last look before they left. I have watched a few videos on how to grid so I was eager to try even though I was worried because we have beach draggers at night. I tried the top part of the beach and I felt better because I was finding some trash that I thought would probably have been picked up if they had dragged the night before. I moved down to the lower part and didn't find it. Mom came over and gave me an out to leave but I asked her if there maybe was a spot they threw football. She said yes and pointed it out. On my second pass, I got a real choppy high pitched tone and dug gently and guess what popped out? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ. It was awesome! The kid was jumping up and down and high fiving me and the rest of the family was in disbelief. Some other people who had been watching me came over to say that this was really cool. The Mom tried to pay me and I told her there was no way I would accept anything, just tell her friends how nice the locals from Pensacola are. I wouldn't take anything for the smile on that kid. Thanks to all of you for being such a great resource to such a wonderful hobby. I look forward to years more of days like today!!!

Nice story! Awesome to help out. :). I like helping folks at the beach. It's always a good moment. :)

That's an epic story! I have yet to be asked for help finding something (fellow newbie here), but if I ever am I sure hope it goes half as well as that!

Back
Top Bottom