issue with AT Pro and pinpoint near salt water?

Tcshell

At the beach (Pacific Ocean) today with my AT Pro. I went down to the waters edge to test the MD. On the dry sand, the ground balancing read 80-96, as the sand became wet, it moved to the 40's. I received a lot of false/erratic signals at the waters edge. tried manual GB to 20, but that did not work. Adjusting the sensitivity did not help.

When I found a target and dug, the hole would fill with salt water. The pinpoint (pp) function was worthless. Where there was water in the hole, that is where the PP go to full bars and high tone. So a 7x7 inch hole, the entire hole would be the pp location. PP in the water only shows full bars, all locations.

I was running the AT Pro = Pro mode, iron 35, sensitivity 2 bars from the top. Batteries are new.

What can be done to make this machine work near and in salt water?

Thanks for any insight...

On a beach, salt or fresh, you dont need to use the PP button anyway...just scoop and kickscatter the target quickly...Hey, congrats on that 14k you got the other day buddy!

exactly what mud puppy said no need for pp button on the beach .when the hole fills back with water it will false dig fast throw your sand away from your hole rescan the sand you threw out

Back
Top Bottom