$1,000 in dimes - silver

amc rulz

Forum Supporter
$1k in hand rolled gave up 5 silvers and 17 - '65-'67 special mint set (SMS) clad Roosevelt dimes. Beautiful crisp, cut-your-finger coins, with mirrored fields. I put them away.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 428
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 431
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 429
Not to shabby at all. Are the foreign coins and pennies ones you found 'stuffed' in some of the rolls? There are some slimeballs doing that around here.

I'm not asking the value; but I think there is a need for a separate coin roll hunting section.

Agreed since this is a MD Forum and I'd like to read about treasures pulled from the dirt, sand, water etc versus rolls or boxes. Just saying is all.

the other day a guy suggested splitting it off and Carol seemed to be intrested, cross your fingers :)

nothing personal against CRH but plain and simple to me it's not metal detecting ... and this is a metal detecting forum ... metal detecting requires using a MD and digging stuff out of the ground CRH is just driving to the bank and exchanging money hoping to find a keeper .... not that there is anything wrong with that but it aint MDing

nothing personal against CRH but plain and simple to me it's not metal detecting ... and this is a metal detecting forum ... metal detecting requires using a MD and digging stuff out of the ground CRH is just driving to the bank and exchanging money hoping to find a keeper .... not that there is anything wrong with that but it aint MDing

No worries, but the family friendly topics, member links and member contests are not MD related also.

this here ^^^

Well then, what exactly brought you to read my post? I'm interested in all of treasure hunting, bottle digging, metal detecting, etc...all of the detecting sites that I subscribe to have a roll hunting forum...if I don't care for a certain topic, I don't read it - plain and simple as that. HH, Amc.

Agreed since this is a MD Forum and I'd like to read about treasures pulled from the dirt, sand, water etc versus rolls or boxes. Just saying is all.

We have been working towards getting a CRH division on this Forum. If you don't want to read them, then to paraphrase...."These are not the threads you are looking for, you can move along." :yoda:'s student....HA HA

At present this is the main topic section for CRHing, unless we can persuade the Moderators to start us up a separate one. If we manage to do that, then you can avoid that one so you don't have to read about our finds.

MDing, CRHing...its all a form of Treasure Hunting. KT finds it as interesting to read about people's success and failures, no matter how they do it. If we were to be exclusive MDing, then a lot of members would not have near as much interesting reading, hearing about what members found in their grampa's house, at the local flea market, or in the neighbor's yard sale too.

And some of us, due to health reasons cannot MD as much as we want to, but to stay involved in the hobby, have resorted to CRHing, etc. This is supposed to be the Friendly metal detecting forum....that means room for everyone, not just those that have only one interest.

Wow that had to have taken some time. Where are you going to dump? How often do you do that?
I picked up $1k at my bank. I have several that hold coin until they get a large quantity, then they call. It takes maybe a couple hours to search and re-roll. I then dump the rolls in $500 bags and get my cash immediately from the vault teller at a different bank. I search a couple grand a month in customer-rolled coin.

Back
Top Bottom