• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Excal guys

Tlane38003

Forum Supporter
How do yo tell the difference between a small shallow target like splitshot falls through the scoop grrr and a deep larger target I dug a gold ring a few weeks ago and I almost left it thought it was as a tiny sinker. Thanks for any suggestions

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

shallow spit shot in PP will give you a quick click..click..hit as your swinging

instead of a nice round signal..

In pin point mode even a deep ring would give a pretty good caw caw sound. Probably even better than a shallow piece of split shot

In discrimination mode a really deep ring may not be heard as a flatulent duck sound but you could hear it if you switch to pin point. That's because the ring is in that differential depth area between the 2 modes. If you remove one scoop of sand and check in discrimination mode you may than hear it.

That's why people get the pin point mod done because they frequently check targets this way before they dig them.

I would experiment with a ring tied to dental floss at different depths and a piece of split shot and see what you hear.

In pin point mode even a deep ring would give a pretty good caw caw sound. Probably even better than a shallow piece of split shot

In discrimination mode a really deep ring may not be heard as a flatulent duck sound but you could hear it if you switch to pin point. That's because the ring is in that differential depth area between the 2 modes. If you remove one scoop of sand and check in discrimination mode you may than hear it.

That's why people get the pin point mod done because they frequently check targets this way before they dig them.

I would experiment with a ring tied to dental floss at different depths and a piece of split shot and see what you hear.
That's a great idea i want the mod on my to do list

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom