cz21 advice

Steve

Forum Supporter
Reading up on a cz21 that I'm hauling out of the closet for an upcoming trip.
When ground balancing put it into autotune and crank gb to 10 and slowly bob up and down, then turn it down in increments until little to no noise from bobbing
Where should the sensitivity setting be at while ground balancing ?

Steve,

I only hunt fresh water and I probably won't be able to help. I would say put it at the preset and after you are done, turn it up slowly until it falses too much to handle and then turn it down to where you can bear some falses but it doesn't drive you crazy. The higher the sensitivity the deeper you will get.

I haven't had to learn how to GB mine down here.

Played around with it in a field today. Not sure if it was gb properly or not but was getting GOOD depth. Enough for me to rethink the PI route I'm dedicated too. Wasn't a fan of autotune but disc 0 was workable.

I don't need to GB mine and keep it on 10. Autotune can be deeper and its very easy miss things in disc that are very easily picked up in autotune (ie on the edges of the detector) so I would do some tests before settling on disc for your hunting.

The place I'm going to I will definitely need to gb. Couple years ago took my df here and it was completely useless. i will be searching a roped off section. Disc 0 nice and slow should do the trick.... at least for the first few hunts. I will probably try the df again after that or run the cz hot.
btw... I should post a photo of the custom shaft I made for the cz.

Played around with it in a field today. Not sure if it was gb properly or not but was getting GOOD depth. Enough for me to rethink the PI route I'm dedicated too. Wasn't a fan of autotune but disc 0 was workable.

In open water or areas with without too much junk I prefer autotune.

When I was using it, I believe I GB with sens at zero and then set my sens. But also recall I would GB often and didn't reset the sense each time I GB.

R5

When I was using it, I believe I GB with sens at zero and then set my sens. But also recall I would GB often and didn't reset the sense each time I GB.

R5

I tried something along those lines. Not familiar with the cz series. Trying to avoid standing in chest deep water pumping the coil and not being able to settle it down

Cz-21

There is a good video on YouTube. "ground balancing a CZ-21"

I've only begun to use a CZ-21 (about 3 months now) and noticed that unless your in an area that's heavy mineralized or a black sand beach ground balancing seems moot at this point. I have the same results as others here have mentioned, that GB isn't necessary.

Your description of GB'ing it right on from what I see and mentioned in the manuel that came with the CZ. I haven't seen and mentioned at any time of SENS being set to this or that setting.

All good tips

Listen to the hunters posting here, as I would have said the same thing, but... remember that the CZ 21 is both a land and water detector, so switch over to beach hunting accordingly...

Philo

the water was calm enough that I could use the pi... didn't matter anyway. pull tabs coming in as whispers. Not even 1 coin found. Can't win em all I guess

Back
Top Bottom