Excalibur 2 mods

He took of his knob and used a piece of metal that fit in its place, like a little lever. Maybe it was plastic, don't remember. Yea, it was plastic. Probably from a hobby store that sells RC planes made for large servos. The control wire went into a small hole in the end. It was shaped like a tear drop washer if you can imagine the shape. I have no idea where he got it.
Thanks I am making it from alloy for prototype then plastic on a 3d printer trying to make one attached to the guard and just fit on the knob or maby with the knob off trying to only twist without side pressure hoping to mimic fingers twisting is a little challenging

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

If you can get the original shrink off whole, you can put it back on with a couple wraps of electrical tape UNDER it. It will stay and is only for looks anyway. You do not need glue. If you glue it then you have to cut it off next time. Work smarter, not harder. :lol:

Thanks, I did get it of whole (when I replaced the battery with a RnB EX3000). I used some aquaseal on the areas OBN stated. The aquaseal dries into a rubbery substance so it should be easy to remove, and it sealed the shrink tube back on nicely. After it dries I plan to hit the shrink tube with my wife's hair dryer just to tighten it up (even though it doesn't need it).

5c4fbd1c912121b560835153ea133b57.jpg

After fixing a few and seeing this I figured best to take the time and make it tuff for any elements to get in....the owner of this one Les Robinson hunts ruff ocean surf. The shrink tube was tight but the sand still got in..

Attachments

• OBN0014.jpg
    OBN0014.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 82
I love my ex3000 but the dag charger went bad, all it would do is blink red. Luckly I had a LiPo charger. And Got a quick response from Joe Cooper at RnB, so they are going to take care of it.

Thanks, I did get it of whole (when I replaced the battery with a RnB EX3000). I used some aquaseal on the areas OBN stated. The aquaseal dries into a rubbery substance so it should be easy to remove, and it sealed the shrink tube back on nicely. After it dries I plan to hit the shrink tube with my wife's hair dryer just to tighten it up (even though it doesn't need it).

5c4fbd1c912121b560835153ea133b57.jpg
No hair dryer needed. The shrink is only for looks. It does not have anything to do with waterproofing. If you removed the end cap, you could have used standard plumbers silicone for re-assemble. It is 90% pure and it never drys. Been used for many years and works. All the other fancy things are no better. The 90% silicone is available every where. Ask any plumber if it seats o-rings. :laughing:

Oh I did. When I replaced the battery I used Dow 111 silicon to seal the end cap. The aquaseal was just run along the seam and hex screw then shrink tube reapplied. When I mentioned the hair dryer it wasn't to produce a seal. When taking the shrink tube off it gets stretched a little. The hair dryer just shrinks it back to where it was.

Thanks I am making it from alloy for prototype then plastic on a 3d printer trying to make one attached to the guard and just fit on the knob or maby with the knob off trying to only twist without side pressure hoping to mimic fingers twisting is a little challenging

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
Maybe I should have said KISS instead of work smarter.....might be a cheaper way. :lol::goodidea:

I found RTV silicon around the cap and on the shrink tube worked best for me. Never had an issue with sand getting in. HOWEVER...... ive had a couple of BAD Maxxpacks 1600s now. The co. rep keeps telling me if you let them run down to far the smart charger wont recognize them. i told him i hunt them put it on the charger when i get home ALWAYS. So i put them on the ML charger charge them over night..... then on their charger. Same thing.... the light turns green, but the battery isnt charged. Time to change to the RNB.

I replaces my battery with a 1600 mah also. Maxxpack and also got a "smart charger" that is supposed to drop the charge to trickle after a full charge so as not to overcharge and heat up the battery. It charges really fast since I charge it before every hunt but it seems that even after the charger light turns green the charger is pretty warm and the battery is also- now I'm afraid of trusting it so as soon as the green comes on I disconnect it.

Back
Top Bottom