Here's why KT CRHs! ha ha

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
This weeks hunt of 5 boxes of halves....box 1, 2, 3, and 5 were skunks, but box 4 came through nicely. 5 40%ers in the first 10 rolls hunted and in the last rolls of the box another one, for a total of 6 this week...first pic!

Every roll had a decent number of NIFCs to keep life interesting for His Majesty...totalled out at 27! Completed the hunt in 4 hours while watching some pre-season NFL football!

Got to love a Treasure Box! Will post the dump totals by Monday !

Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• CRH 08 15 2013 6 40%ers.jpg
    CRH 08 15 2013 6 40%ers.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 341
  • CRH 08 15 2013 27 NIFCs.jpg
    CRH 08 15 2013 27 NIFCs.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 340
KT, if you are happy with that, you should try dimes. Your results in halves are about the same as my area, that's why I quit and switched. With a dime average of 1 silver per $150, you can more than double your take in silver, for the same dollar amount searched. Labor and time is the same, and you get all 90% coin.

:D
Nice! What does NIFC mean?.. and why do you collect them?

HA HA KT has answered this question like every other week...reckon He will continue to educate newbies to coin collecting.

Not Intended for Circulation..NIFC...half dollars since 2002 have not been minted for general circulation, but for coin dealers and collectors. Similar situation for Proofs, mint sets, etc. The reason KT saves them, despite having been cherry picked by dealers (who incidentally dump them to get most of their money back), is because they are low mintages. 2 million or less...all other Ken halves were 20 or more million, except 1970 which was only minted and available in a mint set. NIFCs have significant potential to gain in value over the years. And they are available for their face value...Why did not many people horde silver coins until after the government quit making them? They realized they may gain in value...same theory! :D

Great hunt!! 2 bad my boss gave up on it

HA HA Personally KT is glad to hear that someone gave up on CRHing, particularly halves! It means more potential for the Royal Treasury! The fewer the half hunters, the better the chances the goodies will stay in "circulation" in some boxes somewhere until KT eventually gets to them! :present::money::gettinmoney::bouncie:

Are you referring to my question the other day? :)

KT was referring to the past year of postings....at least every other one, He gets the same question...and patiently answers it...Glad to give a bit of education...KT once asked it way back when He was known as newbieshooter, and someone was kind enough to give me a thorough answer!

Now to the final word on this week's CRHing efforts....total overages from the dump machine....cha-ching...$6.73! Always nice to get a little extra from His Majesty's slot machine!

Missed out on an Ike dollar cause the head of the bank came and cleaned the machine in front of me before KT could fish it out! HA HA HA She took it away, much to His Majesty's dismay! :lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom