Crh. Beginners luck?

Brohlin

So this crh thing interested me alot. So today I decided to give it a try. Hoping for te beat but expecting the worst. Went to my bank today and asked for halves and they said they had not (I was interested in dimes but figured I still ask) so I got a dime box of 250$ and raced home to open them. Sadly they were all 2013 new coins. So I decided to go to a different bank, which I do not bank with. And they told me I couldn't exchange them because I didn't have an account. They were kind of mean about it too. I then went to the bank across the street which I also don't not bank with and simply said " this may be an odd question but I have all these new dimes I'd like to trade in, and do you by chance have and older dimes I could trade them for?" The lady was so nice and said certainly! So I got a mix of 250$ in customer wrapped dimes, clear wrapped an factory wrapped dimes. I raced home and opened them and on the 47th roll I got a 1964 Rosie! In near perfect condition. I then went to another branch of my bank and picked up 3 cwr of dimes and asked if they had halves. Te lady told me no at first. But the manager overheard us talking an said he indeed ha 500$ in halves. I said great! Ill take 200$ worth. So to make the story shorter in te last 2 rolls I had I got a 2008p and 2003p and a 1966 and a 1964!!! Is this usual for the amount I bought?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 270
I agree! You want to get the rest of their halves with what you found in the first 20 rolls. : ) Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I hadn't thought of cashing money into banks to see if they have older coins. That would be fun. Do all banks do this? I didn't think they would do something like this. Do you think any of them have silvers? What is so great about newer halves and that 1966 half?

Nvermind I know why the 64 and 66 are good, but why the new ones. They just have face value right?

NIFC's.

The mintage's are lower so they would be more valuable in the future. I don't know anymore. This is something to PM KT about.

But Brohlin, Nice job. What are the rolls on the side in the pic?

NIFC's.

The mintage's are lower so they would be more valuable in the future. I don't know anymore. This is something to PM KT about.

But Brohlin, Nice job. What are the rolls on the side in the pic?

They are half dollar rolls and the green one is a dime roll. Ill be returning to the bank tomorrow to buy the remaining 300$ of the other half dollars. The other sides are open. They were factory rolled so I opened one side and then just rerolled them in their sleeves

Nvermind I know why the 64 and 66 are good, but why the new ones. They just have face value right?
Yes, just face value. They were minted for collectors, some people get a slight premium for them. They may gain value over the next 50-100 years if you are lucky.

Nice find. You just never know with halves. Sometimes you get a pile of silver and sometimes you get skunked. Doesn't the bank have a coin counter? No need to re-roll, just bring them in and cash out.

Nice find. You just never know with halves. Sometimes you get a pile of silver and sometimes you get skunked. Doesn't the bank have a coin counter? No need to re-roll, just bring them in and cash out.

Sadly my bank does not. And if you reroll them as you go it's not bad. Takes an extra 30 seconds per roll tops

KT thinks you had a great hunt! And agrees that you need to get the rest of that box of halves to finish it out! :D

And despite some peoples doubts, KT respectfully disagrees and saves NIFCs. If you look at what happened to 1987 halves with the same low mintage numbers, it is now only 26 years afterwards and they have a value as great as 40% silver coins, if they are in near unc condition...THAT shows the NIFCs real value potential...forget the idea of having to save them for 50 to 100 years to have any significant value gain! :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom