1914D Wheatie!!!!

mdunn270

Literally a 30 minute hunt after I got off work this morning on a couple small curb strips. Got 3 wheats and after I got the 1914D Wheatie I decided to call it a day!!!! Couldn't believe it! It seems to be in pretty good condition too...I'm not going to clean it off, better let a pro take care of that! Pretty stoked about it! Just goes to show you never know what that next target is gonna be!! I love this hobby! Thanks for looking everyone and HH!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 320
Congrats Mike! I was hoping you would post that coin! This should be in the eye popping thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That coin is still on my list to find. Even after digging over 17000 wheats in the past 8 years, I still don't have a '14D. Well, maybe I do, but a lot of my early teens wheats are all zitted up and hard to read..:(

Fantastic find!! You're a lucky guy! :thumbsup:

HH,
Raphis
Dan

Last night I went through the 476 wheaties I've dug this year looking for a 14 D lol!! Only found one 14 plain:(

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe

Last night I went through the 476 wheaties I've dug this year looking for a 14 D lol!! Only found one 14 plain:(

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe

I've probably found a couple dozen 1914 plains over the years. It's funny that Mike and I recently discussed my huge desire to find a 14D and he goes and gets one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1914 d

Congratulations, that's truly a rare coin indeed. I just looked in my penny book, 1909-1940 and I'm missing the 1909s and 1909svdb. My 1914d has a gouge in it. I forget how much I paid for it. Nice going. I've been metal detecting for 3 1/2 years now and have yet to find a rare penny, out of the 6 quart jars of Wheaties, and over 200 pounds of copper memorials I've dug.
I found a 1916 dime the other week, it had an "S" mint mark. I'll keep trying.
HH everyone

Love those curb strips!

Cointrackers.com says $281 to $4268.00
I saw one on ebay for $165 that looked a lot worse than yours.

Does anyone have a list of key dates I can see before I go through my pile of wheats!

Back
Top Bottom