New sports field lands me silvers #09-11, plus jewelry spill

palmettoguy

Hit up a new field today for 4hrs. This field has been around since the 30's. I worked along the fence line and found my first jewelry spill! 2 .925 rings and a pair of earrings! Not sure if the stones are real or not...
A foot from the jewelry spill, I found a silver quarter. Working the fence line back to the car, I found 2 silver dimes! Also found $6.70 in clad and 6 wheats ;)

20150902_184536_1.jpg

20150902_152851_1.jpg

That spill was awesome ... but I bet the girl who lost that much at once had a really bad day. Nice silvers too!

Nice hunt ! Ha ha. Borrowed by the daughter ?
These gals know what's real and what's not . No need to get it tested .
If your house hold is like mine , you may see these shiny items on display off and on but they are as good as gone . Congrats on a great hunt ! HH , Dew

Love to read these stories of new honey holes - I hit one last time I visited my in-laws in Northern Jersey (going to visit again this weekend and MDing for sure early sunday!) - there has got to be so much more, so nail it!

Wow! That was a good hunt!
Very cool on the jewelry spill! :thumbsup:

Congrats,
Raphis
Dan

Thanks everyone!
Went back out there this morning only to have the cops show up a few hours later. The cop was very polite, informed me they received a few calls and told me I couldn't dig on town property...even if it is public. Oh well...
Nothing came from the hunt except $3.54 in clad plus 12 wheats.

Thanks everyone!
Went back out there this morning only to have the cops show up a few hours later. The cop was very polite, informed me they received a few calls and told me I couldn't dig on town property...even if it is public.
Just out of curiosity, were you using.....a long handled shovel or a short handled lesche digger?

It's so unfortunate to hear this from all around our country. Out West here, soccer players and gophers create permanent damage in our parks. Nobody calls the cops on soccer players. It's the act of digging in a park that looks so damaging, even though many of us have been doing it for over 30 years, and will continue to.......What is the cop gonna say? Happy digging? :no: I wish I could have taken pics of the hundreds of thousands of plugs I have dug in parks over the past 10 years, then show them pics of all those plugs a few weeks later...no permanent damage was ever done from a properly dug plug. The non-treasure hunters, especially the ones who called the cops will never believe this.

I was using a 31" Lesche T-handle shovel.
I know what you mean about the soccer players. The field is bare in certain spots because of them! Plus they use portable nets so there are areas that have huge divots where the nets dug into the ground.
Nevermind the asshats that let their dogs off their leash, leave their dog !!!! behind and of course, litter! The guy digging plugs that you can even barely notice is the real threat to the park, lol.

Some great digging while it lasted. Congrats on the Silver's, the Sterling spill, the Wheat's and a couple of nice clad counts. Last year I was told by a lady officer that their community had a law not allowing digging on public property. She did this in front of a grounds keeper even as he told her I was helping him with the clean up of the area. Jack

Thanks everyone!
Went back out there this morning only to have the cops show up a few hours later. The cop was very polite, informed me they received a few calls and told me I couldn't dig on town property...even if it is public. Oh well...
Nothing came from the hunt except $3.54 in clad plus 12 wheats.

What! Nosy public!! They should mind their own...ahh must have been a super clean snobby neighborhood. They get the tounge stick out!:p:p:lol:

Back
Top Bottom