Can we change....

Buried

Elite Member
the word "tot lot"?

I used that word today, and people looked at me as if I should be driving a creepy van with a big bushy mustache, a bag of candy, and asking for help to find my lost puppy.

:please:

the word "tot lot"?

I used that word today, and people looked at me as if I should be driving a creepy van with a big bushy mustache, a bag of candy, and asking for help to find my lost puppy.

:please:

I would suggest selling the van, shaving the mustache, eating the candy and just going to the dog pound to get a new puppy first. ;)

I NEVER use that dopey term, ever. It's bad enough people already think we're a weird bunch, but some of the terms need to be buried with the pull-tabs.

I NEVER use that dopey term, ever. It's bad enough people already think we're a weird bunch, but some of the terms need to be buried with the pull-tabs.

Exxxxxxactly

Attachments

• tumblr_m3g3ey8aNQ1qjzrcdo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_m3g3ey8aNQ1qjzrcdo1_1280.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 6,470
It does seem that shorthand mobile phone speak has infected the planet! I can understand American underworld slang and British Rhyming slang is an accepted practice among certain groups of people!. I suppose it's easier to say tot lot than children's playground? The forum does have its own form of abbreviated English. Hence a new person is a newbie! I must admit when I joined the forum I thought I had landed on Mars and it was a form of Alien communication! It is an American based organisation and therefore as a guest I accept the language style! Would I prefer words with proper dictionary definitions being used, undoubtedly yes, but I do not steer the boat!!!

It does seem that shorthand mobile phone speak has infected the planet! I can understand American underworld slang and British Rhyming slang is an accepted practice among certain groups of people!. I suppose it's easier to say tot lot than children's playground? The forum does have its own form of abbreviated English. Hence a new person is a newbie! I must admit when I joined the forum I thought I had landed on Mars and it was a form of Alien communication! It is an American based organisation and therefore as a guest I accept the language style! Would I prefer words with proper dictionary definitions being used, undoubtedly yes, but I do not steer the boat!!!

Wut r u sayin?

Chad's van photo is interesting! Does it say "Free Candy!" or "Freec Andy!" The word freak being spelled incorrectly?

whoa whoa whoa, that is NOT "Chad's van" that is a photo that Chad uploaded to a forum after a google image search....once again, that IS NOT CHAD'S VAN!!! :D

Sort of on topic.....

Anyone ever get irritated by what people think is weird for a hobby? When I tell people one of my hobby's is metal detecting they look at me a little weird, and I wonder sometimes what they do for a hobby. I don't really understand how walking around in the great outdoors getting exercise finding lost treasures is weird to people. Being that I'm retired from the military, and haven't gone back to work yet, would they look at me less weird if I sat around on the couch folding laundry watching soap opera's all day?

Whenever someone gives me that look when I say my hobby is metal detecting I ask them what they do with their spare time....then I get to look at them weird.

Back
Top Bottom