Barber Half

BlackRain

Elite Member
This coin is way more tarnished than any silver coin that I have ever dug....should I just use soap and water or? I have seen others on here that look like they done a really good job cleaning their coins...any suggestions are appreciated. .thanks
e97d2ce5bcecf695934ffeaf77fbea75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If it isn't a key date or a valuable semi-key date, I would soak it in ammonia for a couple minutes at a time and daub it (don't rub) with cotton balls in between soaks. Rinse under a faucet after daubing to remove any loose particles without abrasion.

If it is key or semi-key, take it to an expert.

If it isn't a key date or a valuable semi-key date, I would soak it in ammonia for a couple minutes at a time and daub it (don't rub) with cotton balls in between soaks. Rinse under a faucet after daubing to remove any loose particles without abrasion.

If it is key or semi-key, take it to an expert.
I will have to look it up in the redbook thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If you don't know what to do, do nothing. Please see the link in my sig line.

Contrary to all the commercials on TV, old things should look old! :laughing: Funny thing, people will take new products, and beat them up and stain them, to replicate the look of a genuine antique. Then you have people who don't know any better, take antiques and try to make them look new. :roll:

If not not a key date. Take some baking soda and make a past with water. Rub the coin with the past and your fingers. Rinse with water. Will make it shine like a new coin.

If you don't know what to do, do nothing. Please see the link in my sig line.

Contrary to all the commercials on TV, old things should look old! :laughing: Funny thing, people will take new products, and beat them up and stain them, to replicate the look of a genuine antique. Then you have people who don't know any better, take antiques and try to make them look new. :roll:

+1 :oldguy: Don't be in a rush to make it "shiny" :oldguy:

Back
Top Bottom