V.D.B. in da House!!

The Jersey Digger

Elite Member
My back has been killing me as of late and making it hard to even walk. But Saturday I popped some pain pills and made myself go out. Every few rows I had to stop for a few. I didn't get out until late Saturday. Had about an hour of daylight and went back to the school where I found my two silvers on MLK day. Dug a couple wheats which I usually never check in the field or even video them. I got another solid high tone with numbers all over at 7"-8". I always dig those when they are that deep. After a few scoops I saw the silver rim, that never gets old. Nothing super special but a 1959 Rosie. Silver is silver and I will take it. But I got home and washed off the Wheaties. First one was 1910 and I thought that was cool. Then the next was 1934 and the next was 1909. I first checked for the "S" but alas it wasn't there. Scrubbed the back a little better and sure enough at the bottom I see the initials V.D.B. I never get excited over a wheat penny but there is a first for everything. My first VDB penny. I like that better than the Rosie that's for sure. You can see the VDB in the pics if you look closely. Video is below as well. Thanks for looking all and HH!!!

Video...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXuFMHS-lyg

Attachments

• IMG_5299.jpg
    IMG_5299.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_5297.JPG
    IMG_5297.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_5296.JPG
    IMG_5296.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_5301.JPG
    IMG_5301.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_5298.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_5301 1.jpg
    IMG_5301 1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 392
Awesome find I have one VDB it was in a coin roll though so I dont count it but nice job getting that VDB

Congrats on the VDB. I always check my wheats carefully. Some of the early dates are worth some money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom