I will be in St. Augustine, FL. June 13 -16th. Would like to meet up with someone from the area to show me around for a hunt or two. Can be the coast

I'm a couple of hours from St Auggie otherwise I'd be happy to show you around. Let me know if you feel like driving north to Yulee.

Now for the bad news. Except for the beach, it is illegal to hunt anywhere in St Augustine. And they enforce it vigorously.

Great! Now I just need to figure out which stretch of beach to hunt?

13th --
Try the The popular St. Aug beaches (Villano & St. Augustine Pier). Yes, they are hit daily by multiple locals plus the tourists. Targets are usually so slim, you'll be fighting over zincolns. :laughing:, but you should enjoy the area and keep an eye out for sharks teeth. THere are plenty of them about 1/4" in size!

14th --
Visit Butler/Crescent beach (just south of St. Aug). It is hit less, but probably because it is so massively wide and it stretches for miles. Here you can often run your machine wide-open or in full-metal.

15th --
Take a drive from St. Augustine and follow the beaches north for about 30 miles until you hit Jax beach. That whole stretch has parks and scenic pullovers that you can get out and hunt.

16th --
Take a drive from St. Augustine and follow beaches south for about 70 miles until you hit Ormond/Daytona beach. Again, that whole stretch has parks and scenic pullovers that you can get out and hunt.

Sidenote
Hope that gets you started. :yes: I live here and it is a great area to raise a family....but the downside is the beaches are near broke college communities and sleepy retirement areas that close up the sidewalks early in the evening. They are a far cry from being near tourists hot spots like Miami and Tampa. Also, although the city is the oldest continuously occupied city in the nation, it was really just an outpost with few residents until the late 1800's. So the chance of finding shipwreck goodies are scarcer than most people think. ... just my $0.02.

Back
Top Bottom