Dug my first large cent today

Way to go! Don't do what I did with my first one...thought I'd remove some of this dirt so I could see the details better. Ran it under water. The dirt *was* the details! Ooooooops!

My second one is just as dirty as the day I found it. :p

So...any additional story details? Was it something you could have expected for where you were hunting? What signal did it give you? How deep did you have to go?

Congrats on a great find!

Love the patina on that coin congrats.

Thanks!

Congrats on the largie! HH!

Thank you!

Never forget the first! Congrats!
Yep! lol, thanks.

Nice, congrats!

Thank you.

Thanks!

Sweet, congrats!

Thanks!

Nice job on the first large cent! Still looking for my first one here in Kansas, however I'm pretty for sure that I found one last summer in an old 1800's era city park. It was very ate up in the Kansas soil, but had the characteristics. Enjoy this moment to shine my friend!

Thank you!

Way to go! Don't do what I did with my first one...thought I'd remove some of this dirt so I could see the details better. Ran it under water. The dirt *was* the details! Ooooooops!

My second one is just as dirty as the day I found it. :p

So...any additional story details? Was it something you could have expected for where you were hunting? What signal did it give you? How deep did you have to go?

Thanks!

We were hunting a spot that's been producing many great coins. Another large cent was dug by my buddy about 30 minutes prior and one more a few days before that. I also dug an 1806 King George III the same week.

I was in 11.7 on my Deus, rang in about a 92 and was about 8 inches down.

Congrats

i dug my 1st large cent in a 1950s elementary school that i went to, next to a bush, in the front of a school , a 1854 with a 1976 Whites Coin Master, my 1st machine and best find with it, glad you found one, Earl

Back
Top Bottom