aa3.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 331
  • aa4.jpg
    aa4.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 320
  • aa5.jpg
    aa5.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 336
probably so. The plastic was easy..its really thin and I am thinking/hoping it has minimal sound loss. My gg amphibians are mounted behind plastic and its thicker than what I used so I am hoping I will be ok. if it weren't for the cross sections in the grills giving support and epoxy put on them to hold the discs I couldn't have used it. its thin enough that you can crumble it in your hand...

With that ring going around the grills, you could take a hoop/rim just the right size, and put your plastic or goretex fabric over it like a drum head, and push it tightly into that ring behind the grill, then trim off the extra, and glue it on the top side... Just a thought...

<*)))>{

With that ring going around the grills, you could take a hoop/rim just the right size, and put your plastic or goretex fabric over it like a drum head, and push it tightly into that ring behind the grill, then trim off the extra, and glue it on the top side... Just a thought...

<*)))>{

the problem I have Ice is that if you look at my speakers the cones actually stick up above the plastic edge a bit out towards the middl(or are just as high as te outer plastice lip). they have to be set in those small rings in the grilles and be left back enough they dont touch whats in front of them and I dont have much even before installing the paper thin plastic. the rim is actually beveled out at the tip so even when the speakers are put into it they dont seat until they are pushed in. The only way I could do it is let the speakers stick up above the rim and then hot glue them into place without having it go over any edge of the ring since the pvc is turned and already a snug slip fit over the ring. If I had audiosears like obn uses it would be no problem as it looks like they have a metal grill made over the cone to protect it so anything touching the front doesnt cause an issue. I learned about my 600 ohms when i mounted them in my ctx wireless build. kept getting a rattling noise and finally figured out the cone was just touching the protection screen in front of it. I was considering a different speaker for these but I figured why since I have quite a few of these already.. maybe on another build or if these dont sound good I will change it but these speakers sound great in the other hps I have built and are pretty loud. I dont even run the volume controls at max. I am really thinking they still will in these. I also just personally like the higher ohms better than the 150 ohms but thats just my opinion. I have a sound pressure meter so I will be able to see where they are at once I do a dry fit and test them before They are actually sealed up and go from there....

I see, I was picturing the speaker being bigger than the hole in the grill for some reason...

Looking good man!!

<*)))>{

alright, they are finished! I am more than happy with the outcome. The only negative is(and I didn't think about) is when I did the 5 minute underwater bathtub test and pulled them out, the leatherette cushions were completely water logged:laughing:. I don't plan on using them under water though except for a dunk here and there so I am going to wait until the cushions fall apart and then look into getting some gel cushions for them. The housings also did take in a little water during that time and I could see air bubbles from where the cushion mounts snap onto the cup. It wasn't a whole lot though and I know I can drill drain holes into the cups but am just not sure I want to. No matter, the electronics passed no problem. below are the pics and a real quick video I did with just sticking my phone up into the cup so you can hear them. This was in my office so all the iron you here is from the floor, the high tone is a clad quarter, and then the mid tone is my wedding band...I have one more project to finish up before we leave for florida thursday and it is some mods I am doing to my RTG Pro Scoop. I should have it finished tomorrow and will probably start another thread for it...Thats enough projects for the next couple weeks though...:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• water.jpg
    water.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 234
  • water2.jpg
    water2.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 227
  • water3.jpg
    water3.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 220
  • water4.jpg
    water4.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 226
That would be the perfect place to use GoreTex fabric I would think..

Very cool!!

<°)))>{

Been using Gortex for about 2 years now, really cool stuff. I also add the Nano Protector for the extra insurance.

Nice Work STP!!

Been using Gortex for about 2 years now, really cool stuff. I also add the Nano Protector for the extra insurance.

Nice Work STP!!

Thanks Joe. I may want to buy a set of your gortex done audiosears in the near future for another project. You do some awesome work! I am by no means a headphone expert but I am enjoying myself playing around with it. I do have a question for you because I know from all your posts and watching your videos that you have had alot of experience with gel pads. Have you ever found a set that can be glued into place and fit the rim of the mount where it looks like it was made for it? I cant find any that look like they would fit the gray ghost type cups which are what mine are like on these.. Do you think that nano protector you use would waterproof the leatherette cushions possibly?

Thanks Joe. I may want to buy a set of your gortex done audiosears in the near future for another project. You do some awesome work! I am by no means a headphone expert but I am enjoying myself playing around with it. I do have a question for you because I know from all your posts and watching your videos that you have had alot of experience with gel pads. Have you ever found a set that can be glued into place and fit the rim of the mount where it looks like it was made for it? I cant find any that look like they would fit the gray ghost type cups which are what mine are like on these.. Do you think that nano protector you use would waterproof the leatherette cushions possibly?

Thank You

Me, just a rookie also, like you I enjoy testing and experimenting hoping to come up with the one that brings me great wealth..LOL

I have yet to find any gels that fit perfect other then the Peltor gels which cost like 45 dollars and way over priced, I have found none that fit the GG. So I just deal with the ok fit 20.oo ones.. One thing, the most use I have got out of a set is about 800 hours, about 18 months. They crack and the silicon becomes a mess. Not sure on the Nano protect, I know it does add to the gortex protection, and seems to be the final touch to the skullie speakers lasting a long time...
I have found I can squeeze louder audio out of the 50mm unlimited products Piezo, not the best freq range but for those faints it really does make a difference, specially on the Excalibur in Pinpoint mode..
does not help in discriminate..

Nice looking headphones, those one cost to much for me... 42 dollars then shipping...

One thing I have discovered, any airgaps between the speakers and the seal will cause condensation when submerged over and over..and had that issue on mine on the back side, so I sealed all with epoxy, the front was fine because the gortex allowed it to breath...

ok, maybe i will give the 50mm piezo a go on my next set. Thanks for all the info! I sent you a pm also...

Thank You

Me, just a rookie also, like you I enjoy testing and experimenting hoping to come up with the one that brings me great wealth..LOL

I have yet to find any gels that fit perfect other then the Peltor gels which cost like 45 dollars and way over priced, I have found none that fit the GG. So I just deal with the ok fit 20.oo ones.. One thing, the most use I have got out of a set is about 800 hours, about 18 months. They crack and the silicon becomes a mess. Not sure on the Nano protect, I know it does add to the gortex protection, and seems to be the final touch to the skullie speakers lasting a long time...
I have found I can squeeze louder audio out of the 50mm unlimited products Piezo, not the best freq range but for those faints it really does make a difference, specially on the Excalibur in Pinpoint mode..
does not help in discriminate..

Nice looking headphones, those one cost to much for me... 42 dollars then shipping...

One thing I have discovered, any airgaps between the speakers and the seal will cause condensation when submerged over and over..and had that issue on mine on the back side, so I sealed all with epoxy, the front was fine because the gortex allowed it to breath...

Very nice! As long as everything is well sealed the idea is to flood the whole cups. I think you really want to put drain holes top and bottom on the back side, otherwise they will want to float off when you're underwater...

Very nice! As long as everything is well sealed the idea is to flood the whole cups. I think you really want to put drain holes top and bottom on the back side, otherwise they will want to float off when you're underwater...

I keep trying to decide if i want to or not z...they do float as when I did my test I had to put them under the ctx to hold them down in the water. the thing is, They really wont be under water much. I still may do it though but if i do it will be a very small one on the top and bottom of each cup.

The original koss ones for my excal had two holes top and bottom, the whole compartment floods as designed. When i modded my phones to fit in a new set of cups i didn't worry too much, it's the piezo itself that is sealed in silicon, everything else is fine to flood...

I keep trying to decide if i want to or not z...they do float as when I did my test I had to put them under the ctx to hold them down in the water. the thing is, They really wont be under water much. I still may do it though but if i do it will be a very small one on the top and bottom of each cup.

The best test is hunt with them and as you go .. I think you will be fine. That's part of the fun, learning as we go.. and adjusting as needed...

Ive been looking for a well made single ear set up that wasn't super costly.
I think you mentioned possibly looking at doing a single eventually.
Let me know, you do quality work. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom