Incorrect Swing Speed?

Bill_Ace_350

Elite Member
I think I've made a terrible mistake. Since starting detecting this past spring, I think I've been swinging/sweeping the coil too slowly. I just realized it when I was putting my detector away for the season today. I was getting ready to take the batteries out, and decided to do some air tests. I realized that if I didn't move the coin in relation to the coils quickly enough, they wouldn't register, even within 1/2" to 1" from the coil. I guess I have a lot of ground to cover...again!!!!

relax.air tests are difernt than ground.make a test garden.go to a coin show buy some cheap samples of the good stuff.like one of each and clean a spot out and burie them and hit it befor you go out.you skill will improve plus cofidence

If you have a Minelab Explorer/Etrac no big deal. They love slow swing speeds. I have actually watched the grass grow during a full swing with my Minelab :p

Generally speaking most people swing too fast so my guess is your doing it the correct way

Yeah, I like the faster swing speeds. I don't wanna watch the grass grow as I swing. Fast and light weight, my two criteria for my next detector. Probably an F75.

I don't know about the 350 but I have the 250 with the DD coil and I swing pretty darn slow, especially in trashy areas. You can go too slow, but it's better than going to fast.

Back
Top Bottom