• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Gold ring #106 FTY

OBN

OldCherryPicker
Forum Supporter
It's cold, snowy, and windy and we have 31 more days in the year to hunt. I see a lot of hunters posting this is it, the year is over. I learned from the best, the boys in Connecticut. Winter comes you ain't a Pirate unless your out chipping away the ice to get in a hunt. (Michigan boys are a different book, maybe the tuffest of all)

We are not there yet but it is coming....Mid temp day, 41, rainy but water was calm and 45F. A good day to get wet...

Last target of the day a Class ring, 13.1 grams, with the "fit all tape" on the shank. He was a dirty old gold, 1961 but cleaned up nice.

Attachments

• 21c.jpg
    21c.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 654
  • 21f.jpg
    21f.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 713
  • OBN-0013.jpg
    OBN-0013.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 682
  • 21e.jpg
    21e.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 661
  • fmdf.jpg
    fmdf.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 636
Well hello there old timer:grin:
Yep, those Connecticut guys are a tough bunch.
Great to see you posting Joe.

#106 Gold Fever

Joe i see your temp's running a little hot :sun2: , buddy were is the ICE :lol: , congrats on another great year , you earned it Ring Daddy, happy hunting , Earl

An Awesome Gold count for the year! That sure did clean up nice! I'll never forget that Monster you found in Lake Michigan/Chicago that one year about this time...Lets see another pic of that one for some Winter inspiration!

:dingding:When I grow up I want to be a pirate that finds over 100 golds in a year just like you! Congrats on the honker!!!

Excellent job .. I might have take trip somewhere next year to get me some yellow .
Good Luck! You just never know the possibles until you are there!

That's a nice chunk of gold and a great way to end a hunt! Congratulations.
To be honest, I find gold I am done for the day. Just so happened I had just looked at my watch and said..3:40, I'm out of here at 4...then I dug the ring and called it a day after that.

Another big beauty Joe, very nice weight too.
Another 30 days left .. # 110 has a nice "ring" to it.:cold1:
Thanks Meggie, I think you just changed my goal. It was 109 but you are correct..110 looks much better.

Well hello there old timer:grin:
Yep, those Connecticut guys are a tough bunch.
Great to see you posting Joe.
Thanks Aquaman, Yep old goat for sure. I lay low as much as possible but now and then I'll stick my head out hoping not to be seen.

That one was swimming for awhile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, 1961, she is worn some so maybe lost in the 70's.

Joe i see your temp's running a little hot :sun2: , buddy were is the ICE :lol: , congrats on another great year , you earned it Ring Daddy, happy hunting , Earl
Thanks Earl, this post is for you buddy! Keep the faith my friend!

An Awesome Gold count for the year! That sure did clean up nice! I'll never forget that Monster you found in Lake Michigan/Chicago that one year about this time...Lets see another pic of that one for some Winter inspiration!
Thanks Mud! I for sure remember that day. I had gloves on and could have sworn it was junk it was so big...then the guy I was hunting with had glasses and said I'll trade you a old xcal I have for that ring...he had me thinking then...:?:

:dingding:When I grow up I want to be a pirate that finds over 100 golds in a year just like you! Congrats on the honker!!!
Thanks Felix, When I die I want to come back as Felix..the cat..One Cool daddy!

joe awesome last signal of the day congrats on 106 fty:D
Thanks Mark, Gold always makes my day. Special if I can beat the rush hour traffic...

Chunky!!! Nice rescue.

BCD
Thanks BCD! It was for sure a rescue, my seconf of Nov with Fit all tape.

The Big Dog for Mud.....looted from the chicago waters...

Attachments

• OBN0003.jpg
    OBN0003.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 597
Great job on fat late season Gold! Congrats! :cool:
I'll be getting in as long as the water stays wet!

D@mn OBN! Leave something for someone else! :shock:

R5

Nice haul! Would look good in my Pirates left eye!:laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_3468.jpg
    IMG_3468.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 542
Salt Shaker

If Tungsten Carbide was worth the price of gold , id be lookin good , hunting more is 2019 resolution , before i get attacked for not hunting enough , I Plead the 5th. Herd responces 1000 times , when i do get out - its the effort that counts , in closing OBN dont know how you do it, in your mid 60s, i have all ready slowed down , late 50s , young or old , A Master hunter that Shut's them all up , keep finding the treasure Pirate . :detector::dingding::kingdances: ps Larry i agree , im sure Joe found a few of those un- reported skull head's out digging in the bay over the years , im sure he saved a few , as much hunting as he does , he most likely has both Captain Kids and Black Beards skulls howboutit , OBNs treasure when hes done will compare to both of there hoards , when he retires , one day when hes finally DONE , than he will finally post , than Book. THE HOARD OF THE CHESAPEAKE BAYS BY RING DADDY :bling::money:

Back
Top Bottom