Going to treat myself to a new Pack Mule pouch...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
I never bought a dedicated director's treasure pouch before.
I have had a few over the years, the first I bought from Home Depot and it was a tool pouch that worked well for a long time.
Then I wore a hole in the bottom and my Lesche kept falling through.
I bought another one from Lowe's but my digger ate through that one too fairly quickly.
I replaced that with a pouch I bought pretty cheap from a military surplus store that was thick...actual milspec.

pouch.jpg

That baby lasted me a pretty long time but as you can see my Lesche eventually ate through that one too.
The bag you see attached to the belt has been my trash bag for several years, I got it from a friend that worked for UPS and was made to hold their digital tracking computers when they used to be big, after they reduced the size on those things he didn't need it anymore but it worked great for me since like 2012.

I saw Rattlehead put out a vid of the smaller version of the Digger Supply version that he liked, the Park Ranger, and a few others on YouTube seem to recommend this brand highly.
There are others but I don't really like the ones with the all mesh bottoms.
This one just has grommets.
I think I need to treat myself to a good all in one pouch...I am a good person and I think I deserve it.
I am going to get the newest version with the extra pouch behind the zippered one in front.
Might as well go all the way, these aren't cheap but well worth it to me...especially since I can buy one with the clad I have already dug up.

Time to get with the program and become a real detectorist.

Attachments

• pouch 2.jpg
    pouch 2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,263
I have ran so many different bags it’s a problem I think [emoji23][emoji23]. The one I run now is made by a guy I found in FB and I’m never looking back (own 2). I’ll try to find him again and post a pic for ya. It’s a Milspec type back and somewhat like the old Milspec bags that floated around for a bit. My best advice though regardless is a avoid zippers look for Velcro. That dirt does a doozy on zippers and will fail in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love mine. Freeloader knows whats up when he is making them. Nice high quality pouches

I have ran so many different bags it’s a problem I think [emoji23][emoji23]. The one I run now is made by a guy I found in FB and I’m never looking back (own 2). I’ll try to find him again and post a pic for ya. It’s a Milspec type back and somewhat like the old Milspec bags that floated around for a bit. My best advice though regardless is a avoid zippers look for Velcro. That dirt does a doozy on zippers and will fail in time.

I love mine. Freeloader knows whats up when he is making them. Nice high quality pouches

Thanks for the advice!

Those are great pouches man. I think it'll serve you well. I actually prefer zippers to velcro because for me, it doesn't take long for the velcro to wear out to the point that it no longer sticks together.

You cannot go wrong with one of his pouches. Very high quality, and obviously made by someone who metal detects. I got the "park ranger" pouch, which is smaller than the one you're getting. Btw, it has to be enormous, because the one I use is not tiny by any means.

Those are great pouches man. I think it'll serve you well. I actually prefer zippers to velcro because for me, it doesn't take long for the velcro to wear out to the point that it no longer sticks together.

I have been watching your vids lately and the review you did on yours clued me in so thanks.
Watching other vids comparing higher end pouches convinced me to go for this one.
I also think I prefer zippers and the one on these things looks extremely substantial.
Most of my dirt issues shouldn't affect the front of my pouch much, anyway.

You cannot go wrong with one of his pouches. Very high quality, and obviously made by someone who metal detects. I got the "park ranger" pouch, which is smaller than the one you're getting. Btw, it has to be enormous, because the one I use is not tiny by any means.

Yea, trying to decide between them but a hunting buddy has a pouch that is very large and it seems to work just fine for him so I am probably going for the bigger one.
Plus there are some pretty big iron pieces I dig up around here from time to time, horseshoes, pipes and whatever...having extra room for trash might be advantageous.

I keep my diggers sharp and don't carry them in pouches. I made a simple leather sheath to be worn seperately and does not fill with dirt.
Open Sheath 2.jpg

I keep my diggers sharp and don't carry them in pouches. I made a simple leather sheath to be worn separately and does not fill with dirt.
View attachment 427302
I dig relics, which means a whole lot of trash and horseshoes and other large objects. A pouch like the pack mule is essential for my style hunting. I also carry my digger and pin pointer in separate sheaths and use pack mule for finds and trash and a water bottle on the side. All depends on what kinda digging your doing.

I have had the velcro fail on everything else. this pouch has a large toothed heavy duty zipper, which does just dandy. I have loaded it with dirt rusty everything, exceeding 20 lbs at times. It is the only thing that has held up to my abuse so far

That’s awesome but I might need to try this also

I need a good belt as well. Nothing I can find is comfortable. Yes it would help to lose LOTS of weight but my wife is a good cook so I am screwed. Kinda elastic and wide....a little give for days after Date Night (PIZZA!!!!).

Finds Bag

I recommend this shotshell carrier pouch from Cabela’s. https://www.cabelas.com/product/hunting/hunting-accessories/ammunition-cases-holders/pc/104791680/c/104734980/sc/104187780/null/2504537.uts?slotId=13.

It has a divided main compartment plus a handy holder in front that perfectly fits a pinpointer. Two D-rings to secure a pinpointer lanyard and clip on your keyring. Narrow pockets on the rear hold my brush and spray bottle. The only drawback is it does not have a mesh bottom so you have to dump out the dirt that accumulates. But you also dont have to worry about dirt/sand getting all over your vehicle when you set it down.

I replaced the nylon belt with a 2-1/2” wide leather belt and am very satisfied with it.

Last edited:
Just bought one and only because of this post and my other research on this bag. I love mine but would like a water bottle spot and I do get real worried about my good finds in a Velcro pouch and I love the fact the bag sits lower then the belt. I hope it’s the real deal and that zipper holds. Great thread and thanks for convincing me on a good product

Just bought one and only because of this post and my other research on this bag. I love mine but would like a water bottle spot and I do get real worried about my good finds in a Velcro pouch and I love the fact the bag sits lower then the belt. I hope it’s the real deal and that zipper holds. Great thread and thanks for convincing me on a good product

LOL....Anytime.
Hope I love mine as much.

Keep us posted on how you guys like 'em once you've had a chance to put them through the paces. :cheers: I'm thinking about buying an extra as a back up. Might order one in the pack mule size for relic hunting.

Keep us posted on how you guys like 'em once you've had a chance to put them through the paces. :cheers: I'm thinking about buying an extra as a back up. Might order one in the pack mule size for relic hunting.

Love the vid as well as your identified everything I look for in a quality pouch. Being a long time family member here and you as well I respect your thoughts and decisions on quality products. Thanks buddy for your input

I have been watching your vids lately and the review you did on yours clued me in so thanks.
Watching other vids comparing higher end pouches convinced me to go for this one.

Love the vid as well as your identified everything I look for in a quality pouch. Being a long time family member here and you as well I respect your thoughts and decisions on quality products. Thanks buddy for your input

Hey no problem. I appreciate you guys stopping by the channel! Hope you like yours as much as I like mine! :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom