I Can Already Feel Sleeping Gold Shiver with Fright

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Thanks To Tony in California and Phil with Meyers Detectors my new gold slayer is pretty much complete. I was thinking the shorter rod might cause an issue but it doesn't seem like it. I had to turn down the sensitivity because it is inside but didn't have to go lower than normal. Will see in the field. I have a longer rod I can modify if it is too short. Comes in at 26" long.

The only thing I believe it is lacking is an aftermarket 8" coil. the 6" will just be too small for me. I can easily move the 8" in weeds. No way will I do that with the 11". But the 11" will be great for open sand.

Now all I need is warmer water.

Well at least you didn't mention the "N word" in your whole post! :lol: I am very proud of your extraordinary restraint and congrats on the new toy!

Nice Scuba wish I had a set of those headphones for my 600. The Gulf is 76 degrees almost warm enough for me. HH, Phil

Nice! What headphones are those? What's the sound like?

Man, I am almost there. I got the phones from Tony but I'm still have 19 people ahead of me for my 800. Booooo. Congrats though!

Man, I am almost there. I got the phones from Tony but I'm still have 19 people ahead of me for my 800. Booooo. Congrats though!
If you can, do a carbon fiber mod on it as soon as you get it. Took mine for a long walk yesterday instead of toting the heavy CTX. Scored two 14k. CTX could have found it but i would have never walked that far. Trying the water today. With a carbon fiber upper shaft she glides through the water.

If you can, do a carbon fiber mod on it as soon as you get it. Took mine for a long walk yesterday instead of toting the heavy CTX. Scored two 14k. CTX could have found it but i would have never walked that far. Trying the water today. With a carbon fiber upper shaft she glides through the water.

I want a carbon fiber. Anderson told me they won't be out for a while. Still waiting on a short one.

I have them for my Tiger Sharks and CZ's

Nice looking setup Scuba! I know between you and Dew we will have some good reports!! Good Luck!!

I want a carbon fiber. Anderson told me they won't be out for a while. Still waiting on a short one.

I have them for my Tiger Sharks and CZ's

The Equinox shaft is about the easiest to make. If you are ever just messing around just try a piece of 22mm x20mm carbon fiber tubing from feebay. Just need to measure how many mm long you want it. And plugger sells a coupling that would fit the upper and lower rod connection. The headphone plug i ordered from China took over a month to get here. Carbon fiber didnt really take too long. And not sure if you ever saw the comments about carbon fiber experts? But i got a 1mm thick carbon fiber scoop handle you should see the force it can take. :lol:

That'll be good to 10ft of depth, if I recall properly? Shallow hunting is good.

Oh, and I love that CF rod you gave me for my Tiger Shark, Scuba. Hunting underwater was so easy with it.

Back
Top Bottom