Two pings, Vassili.. two pings only..

Seaking406

Elite Member
Well what a nice today turned out to be.. sunny, warm 50'F with on shore breeze.. time to hit the beach with the trusty ol' ACE250 and Super Sniper Coil.. While most beaches around here have suffered from the brutal winter storm surges, this beach seems to have survived well enough with a good layer of sand on it. Going on previous recommendations by the friendly forum members, I hit the mid tide level right away as the tide was coming in (this was an impromptu visit to the beach) and the first PING come up with a 2016 Toonie, 12 inches deep.. Kinda surprised the coil picked it up with the water starting to come in a few feet away..

A bit of a walk again, no hits to speak of, testing the coil against the shovel to make sure it was actually working and PING, a second hit and what a hit!!

11 inches deep at about the same tide line as the Toonie was found, this beautiful ring comes up out of the wet sands.. wow.. My second beach ring (first was the MoM 10K ring in PCB Florida in Feb) to be found..

On the ring front is engraved "Be True To Your Dreams" and in the inside is "Israel" and "925" Sterling Silver stamp..

Any guestimate as to what value it might have, or anything pertinent about what the Israel might signify, the jeweler or is it from the country, what about the symbol above it?

And nothing else after that.. But what a WONDERFUL day on the beach with the missus while swinging the stick we'd been looking for sea glass..

Two pings, one hour on beach, what a beautiful day =)

Cheers

AHEM... someone silly forgot to add PHOTOS in their first post.. what a noobe thing to do.. punishment shall be going out and swing a stick at the ground surface until something else is found.. ;) Thanks for the heads up!

Attachments

• IMG_6695.jpg
    IMG_6695.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_6696.jpg
    IMG_6696.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_6704.jpg
    IMG_6704.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:
Congrats on the silver! A quick google search and it looks like your ring was made by the brand name "Silpada"

Yep. Silpada. Shine it up. The ring and the 2 dolla coin make for a pretty good success ratio!

Thanks for the info, Foragist and Slimpickuns. Where did you go to find this info on the maker? That's impressive that you did find it.. Was it going by the logo stamp thing or something else?

Cheers

Thanks for the info, Foragist and Slimpickuns. Where did you go to find this info on the maker? That's impressive that you did find it.. Was it going by the logo stamp thing or something else?

Cheers

Your welcome! :yes: Here's exactly what I typed on the google search:

"be true to your dreams silver ring"

Your welcome! :yes: Here's exactly what I typed on the google search:
"be true to your dreams silver ring"

GAH.. too painfully obvious for me to have tried LOL..

I had basically searched for "Israel sterling silver ring" etc thinking that the quote would bring up anything BUT the ring.. how about that!

Many thanks once again..

Shame though that the missus and I both do not wear jewellery at all, she could have a whole new collection after a while ;) Oh well, something interesting to pass on to my kids after I go..

:laughing: That's what I call mad skills right there!!

No kidding.. however, at the breakky table this morning I mentioned about the wizardry exercised in this forum about members being able to find information about anything and everything pulled out from the ground, and she looked up and said, "what did he do? Google the quote 'Be true to your dreams'?"

I got up from the table and walked away shocked that I had been married to a wizard for the past 30 yrs and didn't know it!!

Cheers

Thats a sweet silver ring! Well done! Although I dont agree with the "Be True to Your Dreams" advice..which has proven to be a vague and dangerous concept to many.....

But yeah, silver! Sometimes all a guy needs is a ping or two to make the day!

Thats a sweet silver ring! Well done! Although I dont agree with the "Be True to Your Dreams" advice..which has proven to be a vague and dangerous concept to many.....

But yeah, silver! Sometimes all a guy needs is a ping or two to make the day!

I understand what you mean about agreeing with the quote.. if you saw the dreams that *I* have.. lol

So one gold, one silver.. now for something 'antique'.. I have my daughter meeting up with me to go dirt fishing at some parks tomorrow, maybe she'll bring some luck with her. If I can pack my gear in my touring bike, we can really make a day of it.. ;)

Well what a nice today turned out to be.. sunny, warm 50'F with on shore breeze.. time to hit the beach with the trusty ol' ACE250 and Super Sniper Coil.. While most beaches around here have suffered from the brutal winter storm surges, this beach seems to have survived well enough with a good layer of sand on it. Going on previous recommendations by the friendly forum members, I hit the mid tide level right away as the tide was coming in (this was an impromptu visit to the beach) and the first PING come up with a 2016 Toonie, 12 inches deep.. Kinda surprised the coil picked it up with the water starting to come in a few feet away..

A bit of a walk again, no hits to speak of, testing the coil against the shovel to make sure it was actually working and PING, a second hit and what a hit!!

11 inches deep at about the same tide line as the Toonie was found, this beautiful ring comes up out of the wet sands.. wow.. My second beach ring (first was the MoM 10K ring in PCB Florida in Feb) to be found..

On the ring front is engraved "Be True To Your Dreams" and in the inside is "Israel" and "925" Sterling Silver stamp..

Any guestimate as to what value it might have, or anything pertinent about what the Israel might signify, the jeweler or is it from the country, what about the symbol above it?

And nothing else after that.. But what a WONDERFUL day on the beach with the missus while swinging the stick we'd been looking for sea glass..

Two pings, one hour on beach, what a beautiful day =)

Cheers

AHEM... someone silly forgot to add PHOTOS in their first post.. what a noobe thing to do.. punishment shall be going out and swing a stick at the ground surface until something else is found.. ;) Thanks for the heads up!

WOW... I found that EXACT same Israel ring in a park in Boise, Idaho, last summer. Crazy! Here I figured it was a handmade one. The one I have even has the same outer "bumps" as yours. Clearly a mold ring.

My mother-in-law wears it (she picked it up from me last fall.

WOW... I found that EXACT same Israel ring in a park in Boise, Idaho, last summer. Crazy! Here I figured it was a handmade one. The one I have even has the same outer "bumps" as yours. Clearly a mold ring.

My mother-in-law wears it (she picked it up from me last fall.

Small world indeed.. I thought it to be a mold ring as well just by the way the "Israel" word is superimposed on the surface of the inside of the ring..

I'm not very familiar with the Jewish religion, but does this ring have any significance to the religion or is it just a generic type of ring?

Back
Top Bottom