Warning!! All e-trac users danger!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here's a link.
Check out post #7.
Not even 2 years old it seems.

So in this link, can you indeed answer the ops question, NOW???

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=181913

Yes. That post is 2 years old, there has been a lot of water under the bridge since then. A well known EE has done extensive testing of the EMF of the FBS detectors. I can't post a link to it because it's on a competing forum, but if you search for "barnacle bill fbs minelab" you should be able to find it.

He goes into way more detail than I can but the basis of the FBS is multiple freq square wave pulses with multi-period sampling of the return which allows it to read dozens of harmonic off a series of base frequencies. those base frequencies can be automatically shifted to compensate for current conditions.

All other VLF detectors use frequency sampling and comparison for target ID. That is why cranking up the disc knob causes a loss of depth, it is changing the baseline it compares the target return against. FBS detectors don't change the baseline. When you add more disc, it simply looks at "do I alert or not alert on that return".

Minelab STILL hasn't patented their FBS technology so that others can't steal it, because we all know china will steal anything it can copy for a profit and nobody stops them. Even though the basics of how FBS works has been worked out, the coding that allows it to be stable and effective are still a company secret.

Edit to add - also search for posts about FBS by NASA Tom. HE also has a very good, in depth explanation of FBS functions.

Last edited:
Well here's a link.
Check out post #7.
Not even 2 years old it seems.

So in this link, can you indeed answer the ops question, NOW???

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=181913

In case anyone is interested-- this link popped up for me while doing Google search--- fbs technology depth vs discrimination
So I am not targeting here just for the fun of it.
But do find it interesting.

I'm glad you posted that link,I'm not one to say I told you so,but there it is ,I told you so!..lol..
I guess that sums it up ,either minelab opened up the back door for Jasoninenid since his post on that thread,or he's figured it out all by himself....lol...

You are wayyy too defensive.I think fbs units are great,its closed minded people that know it all I don't think are great.
So,you own a etrac,big deal.And yes,I have owned 2 new etracs,one used etrac,3 se pros and a safari.And i have enough fbs coils still because when the locations are right,ill get another.

So,hands on I would say unless minelab let you in the backdoor,And explained the harmonics ,and the secret to fbs technology, your way outta line on most your posts.

I joke about minelab and fbs units alot,I'm allowed too,I don't answer to anyone,except maybe the misses.

It's not the lack of understanding minelab technology or funds that make people dislike the etrac or any fbs unit,its honestly just the guys on here like yourself,who know more than anybody,and have more than anybody.

But,what do I know,I don't own a etrac now.Maybe when I get one back in my signature I'll be intelligent like you.But that'll be after my racer2 gets here,I got bigger fish to fry.

I'm glad you posted that link,I'm not one to say I told you so,but there it is ,I told you so!..lol..
I guess that sums it up ,either minelab opened up the back door for Jasoninenid since his post on that thread,or he's figured it out all by himself....lol...

Here is more of all you do, you mock and insult. You have never "joked" about minelabs, but you have repeatedly posted false claims about their functioning and abilities. And you can feel free to apologize since I already answered the question which you just insulted me AGAIN in the post above this.

Yes. That post is 2 years old, there has been a lot of water under the bridge since then. A well known EE has done extensive testing of the EMF of the FBS detectors. I can't post a link to it because it's on a competing forum, but if you search for "barnacle bill fbs minelab" you should be able to find it.

He goes into way more detail than I can but the basis of the FBS is multiple freq square wave pulses with multi-period sampling of the return which allows it to read dozens of harmonic off a series of base frequencies. those base frequencies can be automatically shifted to compensate for current conditions.

All other VLF detectors use frequency sampling and comparison for target ID. That is why cranking up the disc knob causes a loss of depth, it is changing the baseline it compares the target return against. FBS detectors don't change the baseline. When you add more disc, it simply looks at "do I alert or not alert on that return".

Minelab STILL hasn't patented their FBS technology so that others can't steal it, because we all know china will steal anything it can copy for a profit and nobody stops them. Even though the basics of how FBS works has been worked out, the coding that allows it to be stable and effective are still a company secret.

Are you sure Minelab has no BBS or FBS, FBS2 patents???
I'm unsure actually, but find this hard to believe, since no other manufacturer has a detector that performs similar.

Are you sure Minelab has no BBS or FBS, FBS2 patents???
I'm unsure actually, but find this hard to believe, since no other manufacturer has a detector that performs similar.

From discussions in the past, and the patent I saw for their GPZ detector is that do patent the detector, with a vague description of functioning. The patent would say something about the detector operating on multiple square sine waves with time-period sampling, but it hasn't patented (which would say exactly how it works) the actual operation of FBS. It doesn't say how many base frequencies are used, how frequencies are selected, how is picks harmonics, timings, etc. This is part of reason why there has been so many discussions about does or doesn't the detector "use" 128 frequencies that they advertise.

So they can patent a detector and say it uses FBS technology without going into more detail.

Now even my dogs are confused,thanks guys..lol

Attachments

• IMG_20160215_122036.jpg
    IMG_20160215_122036.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 310
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom