white 6000/di pro

jasonc

I am very new to this hobby and inherited my grampas old coinmaster 6000/di pro. I have kinda figured out the basics but any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Yes I know its old but would like to practice with it for a while as it would mean alot to my grampa.

Did you get the instructioin manual with it? You can print a copy of the original manual on the White's site. I have a 6000 DI Pro that I am going to list for sale on E-Bay shortly. It is a great machine. Happy hunting!

I had one back then. A great machine, Heavy. I had mine converted to a hip mount. Sold it when I got my Tek 9000 that I still use now and then.

I got this unit with everything. Original manual, shoulder sling, hip mount, headphones, arm support, 8" coil, 11" blue max 256 coil. The only question is on the trigger. The manual is alittle hard to undersand. I know squezzing the trigger is for balancing. What exactly is the center position and the forward position.....

Also on the analog display how do you decipher the difference between gold and a quarter. Or silver and a half dollar. If the needle points at quarter it also runs through the gold on the meter. So how do you tell the difference

I got this unit with everything. Original manual, shoulder sling, hip mount, headphones, arm support, 8" coil, 11" blue max 256 coil. The only question is on the trigger. The manual is alittle hard to understand. I know squeezing the trigger is for balancing. What exactly is the center position and the forward position.....
Squeezing and holding the trigger down towards you puts it in all metal pinpointing mode. Center position puts it in discrimination mode and trigger pushed forward locks it in all metal mode.

Also on the analog display how do you decipher the difference between gold and a quarter. Or silver and a half dollar. If the needle points at quarter it also runs through the gold on the meter. So how do you tell the difference
The needle should stop on a number along with a icon such as 5 cent dime quarter etc and there are a number under each icon. Example a quarter is 80 gold is 50 half is 85 silver is 95 Once you get good with the description you can turn it up or down and get a good idea of what the target will be.

Attachments

• whites-metal-detector--1424902207844556080.jpg
    whites-metal-detector--1424902207844556080.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 8,497
Thank you skiwhiz. I got the whole trigger thing. Just the display thats alittle confusing. So if it stops on 60, it goes through gold and points to penny dime. Is this just a guess from here?

Thank you skiwhiz. I got the whole trigger thing. Just the display thats alittle confusing. So if it stops on 60, it goes through gold and points to penny dime. Is this just a guess from here?
Correct, but you have a detector with a more accurate meter than alot of the new detectors have today.

When the 6000 needle points to a coin it is 99% correct. Make sure you click the trigger to reset the needle. The last time I used mine it went 30/30 on coins. An awesome machine!

Back
Top Bottom