Story now, pics later *PICS ADDED*

Jrm

So I know I already had my huge lucky break this year...

I am on vacation in Idaho, visiting my grandparents and trying out panning for the first time. I was out for about four hours today, across a few rivers, but no luck yet. Going back out tomorrow with undiminished morale.

While I am here, figured I would check some local banks. First two were the same story, nope, no halves/dollars. The third bank however, had $270 in halves, so I bought those, $40 in dimes, $14 in nickels. As the teller was counting out the rolls, I noticed some had dates written outside. 1967. 1968. I had seen that before, and figured someone beat me to some great rolls, and rerolled modern stuff.

When I got to the house, I immediately opened the tops of a '1967' roll. Sure enough, silver staring at me. Dumped out the whole roll and heard the silver falling into my hand with every single coin. Awesome! I knew what to expect for the other dated rolls, so I opened them up... ALL SILVER. By about the 4th roll, when I found four Walkers, my hands started shaking.

All told, there was nothing in the dimes or nickels, and of $270 halves, I got:

1940 x 2
1943 x 1
1945 x 1
1964 x 9
1965 x 7
1966 x 23
1967 x 59
1968 x 47
1969 x 18

For a grand total of 167 silver. =)

*UPDATE*

Here are the pictures I promised. The four rolls on the right, plus the one I had already opened were full silver. The stacks on the right were all silver as they came from each roll. Stacks on the left were non-keepers. Nothing to be found in the dimes or nickels.

Attachments

• IMG_4382 (2).jpg
    IMG_4382 (2).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_4384 (2).jpg
    IMG_4384 (2).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_4385 (2).jpg
    IMG_4385 (2).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_4386 (2).jpg
    IMG_4386 (2).jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 225
Haha, patience KT! I am still on vacation until Monday, and my grandparents computer has no card reader. I will post some as soon as I get back.

Thanks for all the congratulations fellows, I am really excited about those finds. I am getting close to the 1,000 silver mark, but unfortunately, I am still closing on the 1 silver mark through detecting.

After searching several rivers, I did a bit more research and discovered the county I am in has essentially no known gold pressence. Sadface, but I did find a campsite today that I could literally pick the coins up off the ground. The signals are absolutely everywhere, so I am planning to go back to it tomorrow when I actually have time to dig.

I found a 16 guage headstamp at a different campsite, plan to hit that one as well. So wish me luck all!

Happy Hunting to you! =)

Back
Top Bottom