7 More Silvers Has The Count At 390

jack&jill

Elite Member
It has been a couple of weeks since I last made a report. Still chasing the dream of hitting 400 Silver coins yet this year but it may be just a dream as a lot of sites are iced in. This weekend we are suppose to have some warmer temps so we will see.
Anyways got in a couple of outings with Air Force Mike and a few by myself and have a few more coins to show for the effort. Went back to the site Mike and I hunted last week Monday and that gave up 3 more Silver's. all Merc's. The following day at a local park I sneaked in with a Rosie. Mike and I thought that we could do a bit of a woods hunt this Monday and we were almost skunked for our efforts. Was lucky to pull a GW and a couple of Wheat's from one hole. Did dig a plated Pocket Watch in that outing. Cold temps kept me indoors until today and I went back to a site with a south face slope that I hunted last Spring. This was a good thing as the ground was diggable. I dug a Merc, a War Nickle and 2 Buffalo's. These 7 Silver's now has the count standing at 390. Thanks all for looking. Until next. Trapper

Attachments

• 12-4-18.jpg
    12-4-18.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 562
  • 12-5-18.jpg
    12-5-18.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 581
  • 12-10-18.jpg
    12-10-18.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 561
  • 12-10-18 1.jpg
    12-10-18 1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 568
  • 12-14-18 1.jpg
    12-14-18 1.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 562
  • 12-14-18.jpg
    12-14-18.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 545
Last edited:
Wayne and I will be there Sunday to see you do it Trapper,give me a heads up as to where you’ll be...this I MUST make a video of. Did Mike make 100 with that hunting or is he short?? Sunday will be a very good day to be sure,no pressure! Easy does it...:grin:

Awesome hunting Jack, it shows your dedication to the hobby and your machine. The results speak for themselves, great work!

Trapper you're killing it! All your hard efforts and research have paid off nicely. It is great seeing those elusive war nickels come back to life too. Congrats on another successful hunt!

Congrats on more silver and some other splendid finds Trapper! That pocket watch is unique. I know you can hit 400 before the year is over!

Wayne and I will be there Sunday to see you do it Trapper,give me a heads up as to where you’ll be...this I MUST make a video of. Did Mike make 100 with that hunting or is he short?? Sunday will be a very good day to be sure,no pressure! Easy does it...:grin:
I'm still 10 away Kevin so I'm not sure yet how anything will play out. Trying to figure out a plan that will put me on some diggable ground that may hold Silver for both tomorrow and Sunday. I can call if I can make things work.
Awesome hunting Jack, it shows your dedication to the hobby and your machine. The results speak for themselves, great work!
Very kind words Jeff, thank you. Trying to find some diggable ground so I can add a few more. Trapper

Well this is a great post to see on a Saturday morning as I pour some coffee.
A silver Saturday morning braught to us by Trapper Jack 👍

The weather for the weekend offers an opportunity and with a little luck some December silver . Congradulations on 390 Trap and each one is a bonus at this point .
Good work my friend.
,Dew

Way to go Trapper!
Warmer temps this weekend:D
Thanks for the reply Matt. Even with warmer temps a lot of ground is frozen deep. Sites are a hard to come by, hope I can find a couple.
Trapper you're killing it! All your hard efforts and research have paid off nicely. It is great seeing those elusive war nickels come back to life too. Congrats on another successful hunt!
Thank you Jak for your support and encouragement. My very first Silver was a War Nickle and they still hold a fondness in me. Trapper

Congrats on more silver and some other splendid finds Trapper! That pocket watch is unique. I know you can hit 400 before the year is over!
Thank you Fred, you have more confidence than I do. Finding some dirt to play in is now my challenge. I have a few ideas but no guaranty's.
So close to your goal Trapper, I'm betting you are gonna make it amigo:yes:
Go get em!
Appreciated the support Jose, thank you. I will give it my best efforts but 10 degrees warmer at night would help a awful lot these next few days. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom