Silver coin spill jumps me to 85 FTY!

BuscaPlata

Forum Supporter
Wow! its been a long long time since I hit a silver spill like this and came right when I needed it the most. Too bad I only had a 2 hour hunt, and by a quarter after 5 it was dark out there. First 15 minutes into the hunt I got a 71,72 at about 6 to 8 inches deep, that usually tell me on the Max that it is probably a wheat cent, dug it up and sure enough first hole a 1946 wheaty. About two ft away I get a crazy all over the place signal but was hitting 53 more often then not and I always dig these even though I know that most of the time it's gonna be a pull tab, well surprise, surprise a beautiful 1945 War nickel which was my 2nd in 2 hunts, sweet! So time is running out and I'm headed back to the car and swinging away as I go. I was going through an area that has tall grass but flattened out a bit from the last snow we had and I get a high tone and very consistent. I figured it would be a clad dime being since I'm swinging the coil just skimming the grass, and from the top of the grass maybe about 4 inches to the ground, the ID is telling me, "Hey amigo! this one is off the chain":laughing:
Turns out about 6 inches deep, I pulled out a 52 Rosie and I say to myself ok now we're talking, ok now if only I can snag a couple more that will take me to 85 fty, and you're not gonna believe this I am not kidding you amigos, I run my coil over it and I get another high tone 86 on the ID and out popped the 42 Merc, I didn't even bother to plug the hole I picked up the max and started swinging and not 10 inches away, another high tone same depth
Sweet, I knew it was gonna be another dime, and sure enough a 54 Rosie.
What a day, what a day. Friday I found that first War nickel which got to 81 fty, Saturday the spirit was willing but the flesh was weak, I stayed home just too tired, But man did i make up for it today:yes: Just wish i could'a put in 3 more hours today. Oh my, the possibility's. HH

ps: Yes I did plug up the hole's before I left:p

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 472
Some grand digging Jose. Congrats on the Silver Dime spill and the War Nickle. Hope the weather holds and you can add a few more to the count. Oh! I had a pretty good day and added 4 more to my count also, including a dime trifecta. Trapper

Congrats on the nice load of silver you found!
Thanks JAK

Some grand digging Jose. Congrats on the Silver Dime spill and the War Nickle. Hope the weather holds and you can add a few more to the count. Oh! I had a pretty good day and added 4 more to my count also, including a dime trifecta. Trapper
Thanks Jack, So 4 more and your at 390 so 394 and by the time you read this you will probably be over the 400:lol: Well I just got back from a two hr hunt managed to get an IH cent and thought I was gonna get skunked this time but as I headed back to the car I got a high tone 87 on my Max, it was a Stander 1920 I believe, can't really tell it's wore a bit at bottom of the numbers.

Congrats on the War nickel and the silver spill to get you to 85...excellent hunt!
Thanks Captain, make that 86 I just got a Stander.

Nice score! Excellent finds!
Thanks Tom

Congrats on the nice spill!
Thanks tl.

Love to see that shiny stuff Busca Plata!
Hey compadre, thanks you I appreciate it.

Silver spills are so rare for me I’d be better off hoping to see a unicorn riding a shooting star into a pot of gold! But I know they DO exist...nice hunting BP,you really just never know...

Great finds. Congrats on the silver.
Thanks mt, appreciate it.

Awesome spill and hunt! Congrats!
Thanks cd, what a hobby huh!?!

Congrats Busca on the silver!!! Enjoyed the read too!!
Thank you lil Worm6, sometimes you have fun but this was fun, fun, fun, fun. Four silver day don't come easy for me like some guys here.

Silver spills are so rare for me I’d be better off hoping to see a unicorn riding a shooting star into a pot of gold! But I know they DO exist...nice hunting BP,you really just never know...

I know what you mean IDX. The guy I hunt with, Silver Bullet seems to find them all the time. here's a pic of the first one he got since I've been detecting with him.

Attachments

• IMG_20171018_181149.jpg
    IMG_20171018_181149.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 295
Congratulations on your silver spill.
I am lucky to have one per year.
This year, back in May, I popped a nice one on a street tearout:

Attachments

• 5-26-18 Pocket spill 3.jpg
    5-26-18 Pocket spill 3.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 249
Congratulations on your silver spill.
I am lucky to have one per year.
This year, back in May, I popped a nice one on a street tearout:

Nice spill there mm, that walker is in great condition.

Homerun in the bottom of the 9th.. nice..

You got that right and I just got back from a short hunt and got one more
for the pile for #88

Congrats on the silver spill, and on reaching 85 FTY! :woot:
Thanks WD, well I'm up to #88 now, so my goal is 90 FTY, hope I can make it.

Back
Top Bottom