Fisher Impulse AQ detector update

The

Point i might make, if i am paying 2500 for a Pi, it better have a big battery, come with high end waterproof headphones, and better be at least 3 meters waterproof, seams like Fisher wants a big price on a short changed machine , Fisher will not cash in , unless they fix all three thing's wrong before the release , and 1 more thing, better have atleast a 3 year warranty like ML Ctx- Equinox, i have been a Fisher fan for over 2 Decade's, but they should be proud of the release, NO short change, asking a huge price, no weak point's , top gun, watching & waiting here, the next move is Fisher, noone else's.

Last edited:
Having had 2 atxs in the past (1 stolen by glen ellenbart in egg harbor, nj) I would hope the new aq is deeper... and more importantly lighter. The atx was like dragging your desktop computer back and forth along the beach

Lol
Make that 2 desk top computers. Or one Sherman tank.

Here’s what I see on that price. MSRP on a CZ is what....$1799? But what are the selling them for $1099. So MSRP if it’s $2500 ....they may well sell them for $1800.

Dew

:laughing: Keep on dreaming, they what to cash in like ML , just see the word's used, premium components , even if its 1800 you still have to add WP headphones And a bigger battery that both should be with the package , your looking at 2500

Point i might make, if i am paying 2500 for a Pi, it better have a big battery, come with high end waterproof headphones, and better be at least 3 meters waterproof, seams like Fisher wants a big price on a short changed machine , Fisher will not cash in , unless they fix all three thing's wrong before the release , and 1 more thing, better have atleast a 3 year warranty like ML Ctx- Equinox, i have been a Fisher fan for over 2 Decade's, but they should be proud of the release, NO short change, asking a huge price, no weak point's , top gun, watching & waiting here, the next move is Fisher, noone else's.

Earl,have you ever been 3 meters under water? Not sure what kinda hunting you do?
I don’t think fisher has ever (short changed ) anyone,they’ve been putting out quality machines for a long time..And i like fisher,but if I thought they were bogus I’d say it.
Minelab didn’t release a machine without bugs,and honestly they didn’t cash in.Sure they got some sales on the equinox,,and it’s a good enough machine..But the market has been saturated with used equinox machines for some time now,so I’d say sales have had to slow down for that reason alone.

I think all of us are looking for THAT machine that you take to the beach, get near the water's edge and the gold becomes afraid and just jumps into our scoops! For any of us that spend any time out there, no matter what machine we use, it takes diligence, hard work, and persistence. I don't believe in luck. There is no luck unless you put your a$$ out there in a position to find gold by swinging your coil. It well may be that "Detector X" has certain advantages over "Detector Y" - but only if you learn your machine and are out there USING it! Some of my most outstanding finds were in unexpected places that nobody would've thought and sometimes even hunting on days that I had to push myself to get out, thinking that "a bad day detecting is still better than sitting on the couch". I would like to add a PI to replace the Sand Shark I sold last year and the Aqua Manta may be it...or not, regardless I know gold just wont magically appear in my scoop when I take it out.

Attachments

• Luck!.jpg
    Luck!.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 768
Woodbutcher

Funny , other's who are water hunter's, not Land, have complained about 1 meter -or 3 foot, the point you missed is both the 2- ML machine's mentioned are VLF machines ARE- waterproof to-- 3 meter's, why Fisher only made this machine waterproof to -1 meter , :roll: who know's, even one of the line's doesn't look waterproof, as Far as Fisher goes bro., been swinging them long before you have, hang out up here more often , you might learn something, happy hunting. :lol: Ps may i suggest you read the entire thread next time before you flap those :p:p:p:lol::lol:

Funny , other's who are water hunter's, not Land, have complained about 1 meter -or 3 foot, the point you missed is both the 2- ML machine's mentioned are VLF machines ARE- waterproof to-- 3 meter's, why Fisher only made this machine waterproof to -1 meter , :roll: who know's, even one of the line's doesn't look waterproof, as Far as Fisher goes bro., been swinging them long before you have, hang out up here more often , you might learn something, happy hunting. :lol: Ps may i suggest you read the entire thread next time before you flap those :p:p:p:lol::lol:

Ok Earl,but if you don’t go in the water then why are you complaining about the waterproof depth? And as far as learning,I could show you better then you could tell me.,,meaning yearly finds

Woody

I probably hand more water machine's , and scoops, than you have land equipment, i am officially a DE . resident 9 miles from the beach, and by the way , i do submerge my water machine over 3 foot , i snorkel, go back down to the dirt diving forum and talk Garrett :lol: or i will ask one of my friend's to sick Mr. Carrot on you :shock::lookclose::crazy::snapoutofit: PS It's a Tnss thread is that why your up here taking silly :?: :lol: I know you guys' bump head's all the time :quote: Dew , ya i like the price you put on the Manta, with the WP headphone's , plus a better battery in the package , waterproof to 3 meters', with a 3 year warranty, set at 1800 US , i than would- buy one. :thumbsup: TNSS do you have a Garrett machine you can lend Woody :lol: I think he's depressed , all i have is a couple Garrett pin-pointers' howboutit

Last edited:
I probably hand more water machine's , and scoops, than you have land equipment, i am officially a DE . resident 9 miles from the beach, and by the way , i do submerge my water machine over 3 foot , i snorkel, go back down to the dirt diving forum and talk Garrett :lol: or i will ask one of my friend's to sick Mr. Carrot on you :shock::lookclose::crazy::snapoutofit: PS It's a Tnss thread is that why your up here taking stupid :?: :lol: I know you guys' bump head's all the time :quote: Dew , ya i like the price you put on the Manta, with the WP headphone's , plus a better battery in the package , waterproof to 3 meters', with a 3 year warranty, set at 1800 US , i than would- buy one. :thumbsup: TNSS do you have a Garrett machine you can lend Woody :lol: I think he's depressed , all i have is a couple Garrett pin-pointers' howboutit

Yeah I got one Garrett model.
I’ll show a pic of it.

Good

:lol: Cause i can't give him my 1st machine :roll: for sentimental reason's howboutit 1976 coinmaster sorry Woody it's a White's Sorry Bro., 43 year's of hunting all the Garrett equipment come's down to 2- pin pointer's, 2 find's pouches :cool3:

Attachments

• whites coinmaster.jpg
    whites coinmaster.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 755
You mentioned WP headphones. You do know Tony Eisenhower can do them. Same connector M8 as on the MDT8000 and did a pair for me. We just need that first machine to determine the pin outs. But I suspect there will be headphones that are waterproof. We aren’t getting a larger battery pack. Looks like we will have to buy a second pack....remove the drained one and plug th charged one in....added cost.

Here’s what I see on that price. MSRP on a CZ is what....$1799? But what are the selling them for $1099. So MSRP if it’s $2500 ....they may well sell them for $1800.

I don't see it from what I have read over the months.. I think you are going to pay for the premium hardware in this detector.. when you read its a niche detector it means not everyone is going to be able to afford it.. Maybe you can borrow some money from Earl at a fair interest rate ;)

MLabs high powered PI's are not cheap I was looking at the price of the GPZ 7000... 8 grand.. I would call that a niche detector..

Hope I am wrong Dew... ;)

Yep

Well i guess , your gonna be 1st Dew, a higher power told me to stand by :lol: , besides you will be the best tester to do the job, just remember when your hunting neck deep, and drop the Manta by accedent to the ocean floor, it's not waterproof :laughing: 1 meter is a joke !

Back
Top Bottom