New Fishers compared to new Fishers?

alba359

Hi all, I'm considering getting a newer model Fisher detector. I have a CZ5 Do any of the new Fishers have the "double deritave" feature? How do the new Fishers compare to the CZ machines? Any advice is appreciated Thanks Don

I don't know what you're using your CZ5 for, but if it's for finding old silver coins, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better detector in that price range. If you want to stay with Fisher, then the F75DST is a good choice. I've found hundreds of silver coins using that detector. It and the CZ5 would make a great team.

beephead

Fisher New vs old

Hi beephead, Thanks for replying. My CZ5 is old, needs a pot on the discriminator knob and needs a tune up. I am considering fixing the pot or sending it off for repair and a general clean up. I believe it may cost nearly as much to get it in shape as a new detector. On the CZ I like the double deriative feature and needle ID. ID screens on new detectors seems to me to be something that is delicate and would not last. It boils down to if the new detectors are not much better I'll have the Cz5 checked. I'm mostly a coin shooter. Don

Servicing your old CZ is not likely to cost you more than shipping to El Paso and $100-$200. They can’t quote you a price on the phone before that have seen and examined it, but their service charges are pretty reasonable in my experience.

The “double derivative” system is used in one form or another in all modern
VLF metal detectors and was used in the CZ in a form patented - the patent long since expired.

Back
Top Bottom