South Carolina

Sand Gnat

Looking for MD partners to hunt with in the southern coastal area of South Carolina. Charleston area specifically. Anyone out there?

I am from Florence but I may be going to Charleston to visit my aunt for a day or two after Christmas. PM me if you want to get up sometime after Christmas. I am not familiar with the area so if you know some good places to hunt that would be great!

12/22 - 12/23

Heya guys - I am in Summerville and looking for someone with a truck and decent detector to check out old site have been to a few times. Not really off roading so much as dirt road - too much for my Acura and wife's Camry. Would like to go tomorrow 12/22 or 12/23 in the morning and can meet anywhere in Summerville, site is about 15 miles out. I have an AT Pro and found pre CW stuff there. PM me if interested.

I'm in Awendaw. Cannot seem to find any spots around here. I have a F75 and crew cab 4x4 Chevy so a little mud isnt a problem.:grin:

Thanks EE - been detecting for over a year with pretty decent results, just looking for someone/group to go on adventures with. Beaches and parks are cool and always find stuff, but have found that there really isn't a square yard of land in the US without some coin on it. I'm past the gold coin horde stage and onto the let's pull something interesting outta the ground and get some exercise phase, haaha. If you're ever heading to Charleston or Summerville area lemme know, know a handful of places to try. HH

newbie in lugoff, sc

Hello all, I have decided to finally make the plunge into the hobby with my christmas funds. I'm such a newbie I don't even have a md yet which is part of the reason for my post. I 'm looking for a used md and others nearby to shadow in some hunts. I am currently looking at a couple on craigslist a minelab x70 and a whites mtx pro. Any suggestions, or If someone in the Columbia / Florence area has a md forsale please let me know.

If you Google Fort Bull you can find small Civil War fort that overlooked the Ashley. Not sure if protected/state site but looked possible. I searched Bee's Ferry around all that road construction some too... any place with ferry in the name worth considering. HH

Swimmer, congrats on getting ready to get first machine. I can't comment on either of those from use, but have read a lot of good stuff about the MTX. I have a Garrett AT Pro now, which is a decent general use detector. What I would recommend doing is figuring out what kind of hunting you will be doing most of (usually relic/coin/beach) and buy one based on that. I did a lot of research before I bought and deduced that the single most important element of a good detector is the operating frequency it uses. There are other factors like coil size, coil type, etc, but understanding frequency (measured in khz) and matching that to the type of hunting you'll be doing could help you have more fun detecting. Good luck whatever you decide on!

Heya Steve! Welcome to the forums. There is a meeting tomorrow at Perkins for MD club based outta Summerville. http://lowcountrymetaldetectorclub.com/#3193. They will let you tag along on hunts as the "honorary plug digger" (you basically just dig holes and carry gear kinda like a caddie) after you have proven yourself in that capacity, you graduate to actually carrying a detector. :grin:HH

All joking aside, they seem like a very friendly bunch.

Back
Top Bottom