Still no S

Goat88

Elite Member
Yesterday was my first time out in over a month. Hit a couple of schools without much luck and was about ready to head home. I decided to follow a grass patch outside the school and was digging every high tone. 12.44 beside a big pine I figured would be another 70s penny. Popped the plug and a crusty old one dime looking at me. It was in pretty bad shape and took a hard scrub to get the crud off. It's my third 1901 dime and still can't get an S mint mark. Still a nice surprise beside a 1950's school. Good luck guys.

Attachments

• IMG_20190526_112731~2.jpg
    IMG_20190526_112731~2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 297
Congrats on the nice find! If it's any consolation, I've found a fair amount of Barber dimes but they've all been from Philly...and my first seated dime was an S.:lol:

Nice find on the dime. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Well that's a crying shame. As you know: We west coast guys do not allow our S mints to go east of the Mississippi. So technically speaking: You were OWED an S mint. Eh ? :cool3:

Congrats on the nice find! If it's any consolation, I've found a fair amount of Barber dimes but they've all been from Philly...and my first seated dime was an S.:lol:
I've been pretty lucky in the past with a few of my mint marks. Thouhgt for sure this would be the one.
Nice find on the dime. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Thank you
Nice find, always good to pull a Barber no matter what date or mint!
Yes it is.
That Barber is a bit worn Jordan but it counts even without the "S" mint mark. Congrats 0n a very fine recovery. Trapper
Yes it does, thank you
Well that's a crying shame. As you know: We west coast guys do not allow our S mints to go east of the Mississippi. So technically speaking: You were OWED an S mint. Eh ? :cool3:
At this point at least have earned it.

Mine rang up the same as a pre 82 Lincoln penny on my at pro ... dig it all!!

Back
Top Bottom