Do I need another detector?

cliff92

So I have been in the hobby for about 15 years and I currently have a whites mxt pro and garrett at pro. I've been looking at the whites v3i and minelabs etrac. Would I be gaining much from purchasing one of these? Do I need a third detector , or am I fine where I'm at?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Would probably depend on where and how often you hunt , but you already do have two mid level machines that are no slouch themselves. If you just want an upgrade and have the funds for it then go for it but depending on your routine the high dollar machine may not even be of a benefit , only you would know that. Also the high end machines aren't a guarantee of better results.

So I have been in the hobby for about 15 years and I currently have a whites mxt pro and garrett at pro. I've been looking at the whites v3i and minelabs etrac. Would I be gaining much from purchasing one of these? Do I need a third detector , or am I fine where I'm at?

Well,,it would depend on how high the soil minerals generally are on average where you detect.

The V3i will perform more closely than your MXT,,,,,the etrac as the soil minerals go up,,,can by design/engineering is able to perform quite well in higher mineral soil--- and find targets like coins and give a most times pretty good ID,,even on a lot of the deeper say coins.

I've settled on a F70 and the AtPro...They both use the same batteries...The Pro is for the water as my primary gold hunter, and the F70 for general purpose and sundry dirt work...they both pay for themselves yearly...I absolutely enjoy them both...

The Pro gobbles up batteries, @12hrs, so when its says its 'done' with them, I pop those half deads into the 70 and get another 15hrs hunting off of them! They are a well balanced team, all I really need for what I do...I cant imagine trying to learn something else after all this time, nor do I want to even attempt it...

This pair of rigs finds me plenty, so any other rig would just waste my time dinking around learning it I figure... I guess settle on a rig or maybe two that seem to make sense to you that produce in field...:?: Sometimes it takes a few attempts to find the right rig for you and your location...
Mud

I own a few detectors. I like having multiple detectors for different sites. I own both the V3i and E-trac. If you like technology and are looking for an all around detector then the V3i is the way to go. If you want a turn on and go detector and mostly hunt parks for older silver then the E-trac is the way to go. Both are great detectors and will find the same targets in my experience.

Never owned a MXT or AT-pro but have heard nothing but good things about both of them.

I have owned a V3i and currently own an E-Trac. Between those two I prefer the E-Trac for the kind of detecting I do.

V3i will hit smaller low conductors better (small gold rings & other jewelry) and has a much better display.

E-Trac has a more reliable target ID at depth and is better at finding deep coins and coins in trashy areas (IMHO).

The best Md ever made can't find something that is not there . Location + hours + experience = finds
HH

What I usually say to people who are wondering if its time for an upgrade , if you are not sure then it most likely is not. When you are ready for an upgrade you will know it , and you will know why as well as what it is that you want. When you get to that point then go for it.

Your mind is the metal detector the beepy thing just tells you where to scoop or dig. :cool:

I've got an ATPro and an Etrac, and I would add another in a heartbeat if I could afford it. I enjoy learning (sometimes struggling) a new machine. I still use both of mine, and I enjoy seeing how they tackle the same job a bit differently.

I also am a firearm enthusiast, and like most gun nuts, I have more than one.

No such thing as too many machines. I have 9

Ive had or used many machines...forgotten how many Ive owned or tested... I use the etrac 99% of the time.

Take that how ya want

Currently own at pro ...fisher f44 and Etrac

If you're thinking its time to upgrade then do it. My offer on the etrac stands :)

I think you have things covered quite nicely with your current machines, might as well wait to see what they come up with for new machines in the future, as IMHO the two machines you already have do not give up much if anything to the new line-up currently. If you are feeling the urge for a new toy, try some wireless headphones, a new coil, and/or other toys,lol

Back
Top Bottom