Screwdriver or probe sheath ?

ohiochris

Elite Member
Anyone have any ideas on a sheath or holster for a coin popping screwdriver or probe ? I have a homemade finds pouch and a sheath for my digger but nothing to carry the screwdriver and don't really want to just toss it in the pouch. Im trying to come up with an idea for something else to put on the belt to carry it in but haven't seen anything made for the purpose yet. If nothing is commercially available Im pretty sure I can make it but don't really have an idea of what would be realistic or convenient.

Stick that bad boy in your pocket

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's an option but I will soon have a hole in my jeans , and with all the stooping and kneeling I may end up with holes punched in other places :lol:

A screwdriver about a foot long may also just end up falling out of my pocket and become mower fodder.

I could get a pouch with a tool slot for the screwdriver but I get a certain satisfaction from using a pouch that I made myself , and I don't want to punch a hole in it either. As problems go , figuring out how to carry a screwdriver isn't such a bad one , just wondering if anybody knows of a solution.

My idea probably was the worst idea ever hahaha. I'm using a tool pouch as my metal detecting pouch and it has screwdriver slots

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I made a little leather sheath for the screwdriver and markers. It is secured to one of the bottom drain holes and upper belt loops of the leather Klein pouch that I use as a finds pouch rather than taking up more space on the belt. This setup is working well for me.

Attachments

• FindsDriver.jpg
    FindsDriver.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 718
Perhaps a strong magnet like out of a computer taped to the front of your shaft right below the control box or under your arm even would be handy? That way, you could stick your driver to it and pull it off as you descend on a target? That may be a smooth fluid motion there..:?:
Mud.

This is the only picture that I have of mine. It's next to my pinpointer with a flap to keep mud off of your pants. There's not much more than what you can see in the picture.
Probe.jpg
It's simply a piece of leather folded around the probe and held together with two piece rivets. A slot is cut in the top side for the belt. You can wet the leather and mold it around the probe for a snug fit when it dries. Simple to make just using scrap leather. I have used it for several years and it works well. I can try to get a better picture if you need one.

Find a small flashlight holster to your liking and poke a hole in the bottom. Drop leg holsters ( got mine on eBay about $8) are very handy also you can mount your holster with probe to that, and whatever else. Enough room for a couple items

I made one up out of a seat belt strap. same principle as the flashlight holster just a little longer.
GL&HH

It's simply a piece of leather folded around the probe and held together with two piece rivets. A slot is cut in the top side for the belt. You can wet the leather and mold it around the probe for a snug fit when it dries. Simple to make just using scrap leather. I have used it for several years and it works well.

Here's a better picture.
Probe.jpg

my first thought for ya was mount a spring clip like is used to hold mops,brooms,etc in a closet, only mount it high on your MD shaft and just pop your screwdriver on off as needed, totally out of the way when not in use.

my first thought for ya was mount a spring clip like is used to hold mops,brooms,etc in a closet, only mount it high on your MD shaft and just pop your screwdriver on off as needed, totally out of the way when not in use.

I did think of that. Just gotta find the right clip for it

Aside from the 31 inch Samson T Handle and knee pads (not shown)... here's my setup.

tools in.jpg

tools out.jpg

I need something like that...

And thank HEAVENS for this forum! You see... a couple weeks ago I LOST my ground probe! My beloved old LOK-BlOK probe. Unable to find a place to store it easily, I left it somewhere and it's gone... that was my DAD'S!

I weep over the loss... but at *least* I can get another LOK-BLOK screwdriver 7" one to replace it. You see... at some point someone had asked "What kind of screwdriver is best for a ground probe" and I went to the trouble of finding my best probe and reading it off and posting it... well, when I lost it... I came on HERE to recall the brand name! Hit EekBay and ordered another one, just like the first...

Except it won'thave my Dad's initials burnt into the handle... it's not the same... but at LEAST I'll have it back.

Maybe someday my old one will turn up. And I'll get a good HOLDER for the damn thing.

SageGrouse

Back
Top Bottom