1871 Indian Head

RHKraz

Recent MD find, I was told 1871 is a semi rare date. No desire to sell and I know it's not in good condition but would anyone have a ball park guess on value. They are all over the board on eBay anywhere from $10 to $500. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 490
Newpic

image.jpg
Recent MD find, I was told 1871 is a semi rare date. No desire to sell and I know it's not in good condition but would anyone have a ball park guess on value. They are all over the board on eBay anywhere from $10 to $500. Thanks for any help.
new pic

Thank you...there are 5 points to ID that coin and all are on the back. I cannot make out the details...but there may be enough there.
There is a trick to increase detail visibility, use a drop or two of water on the back and retake the picture. The water/wetness reflects light at different angles which could show the needed details.

Back pic

Thank you...there are 5 points to ID that coin and all are on the back. I cannot make out the details...but there may be enough there.
There is a trick to increase detail visibility, use a drop or two of water on the back and retake the picture. The water/wetness reflects light at different angles which could show the needed details.
back

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 406
It is the 1871 Bold "N" variety. It would grade around AG3.
If you can find the right buyer, $15-25 max at auction. Due to low mintage.

The 1871 Shallow "N" is the rarer variety, more sought after coin.

It is the 1871 Bold "N" variety. It would grade around AG3.
If you can find the right buyer, $15-25 max at auction. Due to low mintage.

The 1871 Shallow "N" is the rarer variety, more sought after coin.

It would not come back with a grade. The coin has heavy environmental damage.

Back
Top Bottom