California gold Country

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
I saw on the news tonight , from the drought that people are finding gold nuggets on top of the dried up streams from the drought, in the California streams, would like to here from you Northern Ca locals, how is it going, Earl

i should watch what i say.... im not the nugget shooter... BUT my buddy has amazing nuggets from shooting in tailing piles right close to my house- blew my mind when he showed me nuggets the the size of a us nickel ! its the reason i want a AT gold, ..

My grandparents live up in Mariposa county. I'm going to visit them today and taking my little yellow friend with me :D Wish me luck!

Cali Girl

I am sure you will do fine with your yellow friend, as the two of you together like a magnet, those nuggets will jump into your finds bag, howboutit, to bad I live on the East coast, or I would join you, as I have never nugget hunted before, Good luck, Earl

Gold Country

Yup! I am here in South Lake Tahoe since 2009. Due to the drought, the Lake level is the lowest it's been in DECADES! Ground that has not been exposed in many years will be scanned by ne tomorrow. Will post update if anything good found!

I spent 3 months living in my travel trailer and prospecting on the New 49ers claims near Happy Camp this last summer and fall. Yes, gold country extends all the way up through the State of Jefferson! We paid for all our expenses with the fines and had a bit for the safe deposit box too when we got home! Even started a mini gold rush in process, made lots of new friends and learned a lot about prospecting out of the water.

help getting started

Hi! Moved from the beach to the desert and have been whining about not hunting, but maybe I should be grateful...what resources do you recommend for finding out who owns land? We live very near to a mountain range, and I would love to wander around with my detector. Is this a waste of time, regardless of property rights? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom