Garrett in Clint Eastwood movie

71duster

I was watching Every Which Way But Loose,, and part of the way through the movie they were detecting on beach and I noticed they were using Garrett detectors (oldschool) I was 6 yrs old when the movie was made but I thought that Garrett is Hollywood retro cool!!! now I want one

:laughing::laughing: I remember Ruth Gordon in that movie! "That Ape ate my whole damned bag of Oreos! Running around and crapping all over the place?":laughing:

Okay folks, here's some pics from that 1978 movie, I'm not sure what he thought he would find (getting the pics I wasn't listening to the audio if he did say), but he sure was digging deep, and yes, it did look as if the detector was at an angle and somewhat high off the ground :lol:

EWWBL2.jpg

EWWBL3.jpg

EWWBL4.jpg

EWWBL5.jpg

EWWBL6.jpg

EWWBL1.jpg

EWWBL7.jpg

GKL Great Job!!

I thought this was a neat little thread,, cool info and a little nostalgic. But GKL you made this very cool, those pics were PERFECT!!! Thanks Bud well done:thumbsup:

I thought this was a neat little thread,, cool info and a little nostalgic. But GKL you made this very cool, those pics were PERFECT!!! Thanks Bud well done:thumbsup:

No problem 71duster, besides seeing the old detectors, I also like researching the film to see if the actor used the detector correctly or like a newb :lol:

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so look at all the typing I saved myself :laughing:

......seriously though, I'm really glad you enjoyed the pics so much !

Thanks for posting that info though, it's neat to see old detectors in old movies, your thread reminded me of another thread someone recently posted after seeing a detector being used in a TV crime drama show this past week -

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=245152

They had a Bounty Hunter TK4 in that show, and that actor seemed to act like it was the first time they ever picked up a detector :lol:

Back
Top Bottom