• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A different sort of which to buy question.

l.cutler

This one may be a little different. I am a long time, 30 years or so, detector user. I mostly hunt old home sites for old coins. The coins are often deep and the area littered with trash. The problem is, I just can not get out detecting as much as I used to, sometimes only a few times a year. When I do get to go out, it is like having to learn a detector all over again. relearning settings, tones etc. I would like to be able to go hunting and not have to start all over. I don't want a low end beginner detector, but a good performer that would not require much of a learning curve that can hit deep and good around trash. I am not really "tech" minded to begin with. I would like to not exceed $1000 by much if I can help it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks for any help.

All kinds of great units out there now, you will get many opinions but it all depends on you.

Right now these are some of the best values out there.
The T2 package sells for $499, the F75 package is $599 but many sold this anniversary model F75 for $500 and still might even with the big coil they just threw in for Christmas.
Dealers can order these packages up till 12-29 at 1:00 PM.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2693471#post2693471

The F75 saves settings, not really hard to learn, has a ton of settings and once you find some that work just use them.
The regular standard DD coil that comes with these goes deep without the weight of the huge free one, at these prices there is plenty of room left to get a sniper coil which goes shockingly deep on these things and perfect for working around iron and trash...something these things are great at.

Last edited:
Whichever brand you prefer, get a model that has a two tone option. After you find your first nail set your disc until it is just rejected to keep from being driven mad. Dig the high tones. Set your sensitivity as high as stability allows. HH

All kinds of great units out there now, you will get many opinions but it all depends on you.

Right now these are some of the best values out there.
The T2 package sells for $499, the F75 package is $599 but many sold this anniversary model F75 for $500 and still might even with the big coil they just through in for Christmas.
Dealers can order these packages up till 12-29 at 1:00 PM.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2693471#post2693471

The F75 saves settings, not really hard to learn, has a ton of settings and once you find some that work just use them.
The regular standard DD coil that comes with these goes deep without the weight if the huge free one, at these prices there is plenty of room left to get a sniper coil which goes shockingly deep on these things and perfect for working around iron and trash...something these things are great at.

While I haven't used these two, the reviews and th way their owners rave about these, would get my vote. I hear they do very nice identifying non ferrous from iron.

Good luck with your choice, and keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom